CommentaryApple has released a 74MB security patch for Tiger and Leopard, addressing more than 40 security issues including the recently publicized iCal vulnerability.Security Update 2008-003 contains patches for (among others) Apache, AFP Server, CoreGraphics, CUPS, the Flash Player Plug-in, Help Viewer, Image Capture, Mail, Single Sign-On and Wiki Server. Most notable is the fix for a critical error in iCal that could let a malicious iCal file execute arbitrary code or cause the system to shut down completely.ChannelWeb
Apple Releases Security Update, Fixes iCal Vulnerability
- Cybersecurity Forecast 2022: Snowpocalypse or cloudy with a chance of rain?
- Preventing Attackers from Navigating Your Enterprise Systems
- Protecting Enterprise Data from Malicious Insiders
- Beyond Patch Management: Next-Generation Approaches to Finding and Fixing Vulnerable Code
- Optimizing Your Cloud Backups Virtual Event 11/11