"Anyone can send mock phishing attacks to employees, but education is critical and our combination of simulated attacks coupled with innovative in-depth training delivers effective education and behavior change," said Joe Ferrara, President and CEO of Wombat Security Technologies. "Our anti-phishing training suite enables customers to provide positive reinforcement to end users, for example those who did not fall for a simulated attack, those who scored high on training modules, etc."
Wombat's new anti-phishing training suite is released just in time as security breaches are making headlines daily and phishing attacks, the most common form of cyber-crime, continue to rise globally. According to a recent report by security firm Kaspersky Lab, 37.3 million users around the world were subjected to phishing attacks in the last year, which represents a whopping 87% increase over the same period in the previous year.
High profile breaches like the New York Times are being driven by crafty forms of spear phishing used by cyber gangs and criminals. The bad guys are pulling out all the stops to profile executives and their employees and then crafting an alluring e-mail carrying a Web link to get them to click on the payload.
"As evidenced by the recent high profile breaches, organizations need to empower their employees to defend against attacks," said Eric Ogren, founder and principal analyst of The Ogren Group. "Effective security awareness training for the entire employee base has become a necessity for any company that wants to take a proactive stance against the growing threat of phishing and other cyber security attacks."
Wombat's anti-phishing training suite enables security officers to assess and reduce their company's vulnerability to cyber threats by integrating simulated phishing attacks and two interactive follow-up training modules. Wombat's customers who have already implemented this solution have found a significant increase in non-mandatory security awareness training completion when combining simulated phishing attacks and training.
Highlights of the new anti-phishing suite include:
· New and improved reporting and additional functionality in award winning PhishGuru®
· Enhanced reporting capabilities including detailed campaign summaries, event and repeat offender reports as well as a network map that pinpoints IP addresses where an employee's request originated
· Follow-up campaign scheduling enables security officers to automatically re-assess the employees who fall for attacks
· Multiple administrator defined fields for managing contact groups
· New URL training module which teaches employees how to determine which URLs are safe and which are fraudulent
· New version of Email Security training module with a new look and updated content added to this already effective and interactive training module
· Training auto-enrollment ensures employees who fall for a mock phishing attack are assigned training modules to educate users at a time convenient for them
The latest version of Wombat's anti-phishing suite is available today. For pricing and/or more information about this award-winning product, please visit www.wombatsecurity.com.
About Wombat Security Technologies
Wombat Security Technologies helps organizations combat cyber security threats with uniquely effective software-based training solutions for employees. Wombat offers fully automated, highly scalable solutions, built on learning science principles. They offer mock attacks with brief embedded training, as well as a full complement of 10-minute software training modules. Wombat's training solutions have been shown to reduce employee susceptibility to attack over 80%. Wombat is helping Fortune 1000 customers, large government agencies and small to medium businesses in segments such as finance, banking, higher education, retail, technology, energy, insurance, and consumer packaged goods strengthen their cyber security defenses.