John Shier, senior security advisor for Sophos, shares original research data on adversaries and the ongoing scourge of ransomware. Spoiler alert: Things aren't getting better, as bad actors pivot to more sophisticated tactics to avoid detection. In addition to the rising costs of ransomware attacks, Shier also makes the case for a layered security approach to keep company assets more secure.
1 MIN READ
Sophos: Keeping Tabs on the Bad Guys Using Threat Research
Sophos' John Shier joins Dark Reading's Terry Sweeney at Dark Reading News Desk during RSA Conference to discuss the ransomware problem.
- Using Zero Trust to Protect Remote and Home Workers
- Strategies for DDoS Resilience and Response
- Next-Gen Security Operations: Building the SOC of the Future
- Hacks That Bypass Multi-Factor Authentication and How to Make Your MFA Solution Phishing Resistant
- Threat Hunting Today: The Tools and Techniques That Get You Out in Front of Criminals
- How Machine Learning, AI & Deep Learning Improve Cybersecurity
- Implementing Zero Trust In Your Enterprise: How to Get Started
- 6 Elements of a Solid IoT Security Strategy
- Incorporating a Prevention Mindset into Threat Detection and Response
- Practical Network Security Approaches for a Multicloud, Hybrid IT World