John Shier, senior security advisor for Sophos, shares original research data on adversaries and the ongoing scourge of ransomware. Spoiler alert: Things aren't getting better, as bad actors pivot to more sophisticated tactics to avoid detection. In addition to the rising costs of ransomware attacks, Shier also makes the case for a layered security approach to keep company assets more secure.
1 MIN READ
Sophos: Keeping Tabs on the Bad Guys Using Threat Research
Sophos' John Shier joins Dark Reading's Terry Sweeney at Dark Reading News Desk during RSA Conference to discuss the ransomware problem.
- A Roadmap to Zero Trust: Steps for Meaningful Progress Amongst the Hype
- Every DDoS Resilience and Response Playbook Should Include These Things
- Rethinking Authentication: MFA, Passwordless, Certificates, and More
- Deciphering the Hype Around XDR
- The Ransomware Evolution: Protecting Against Professionalized Cybercriminal Operations