John Shier, senior security advisor for Sophos, shares original research data on adversaries and the ongoing scourge of ransomware. Spoiler alert: Things aren't getting better, as bad actors pivot to more sophisticated tactics to avoid detection. In addition to the rising costs of ransomware attacks, Shier also makes the case for a layered security approach to keep company assets more secure.
1 min read
Sophos: Keeping Tabs on the Bad Guys Using Threat Research
Sophos' John Shier joins Dark Reading's Terry Sweeney at Dark Reading News Desk during RSA Conference to discuss the ransomware problem.
- Black Hat Spring Trainings - June 13-16 - Learn More
- Preventing Attackers from Navigating Your Enterprise Systems
- Protecting Enterprise Data from Malicious Insiders
- Cybersecurity Outlook 2022 - December 8 Virtual Event
- Beyond Patch Management: Next-Generation Approaches to Finding and Fixing Vulnerable Code
- Breaking Through Digital Transformation Logjams
- AI in Cybersecurity: Using artificial intelligence to mitigate emerging security risks
- Selling Breaches: The Transfer of Enterprise Network Access on Criminal Forums
- The Cyber Threat Impact of COVID-19 to Global Business
- 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Report