BOSTON -- Sophos, a world leader in IT security and control, is warning internet users about the latest disguise being used by malware authors in their attempt to infect people's PCs: an email claiming to point to a YouTube video.
Experts at SophosLabs have proactively protected customers against a wave of malicious emails that pose as links to a YouTube video. The emails, which have a wide variety of subject lines and message texts, all encourage recipients to click on a link to download an online movie.
Subject lines include the following:
- Dude your gonna get caught, lol
- LOL, dude what are you doing
- Dude, what if your wife finds this?
- Dude dont send that stuff to my home email
- LOL, that is too cool.....