MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. --
CORE NEWS FACTS
- Reconnex is introducing Reconnex 5.0 of its iGuard 3600 appliance,
which can detect risk to corporate information at each stage of
exposure: before exposure occurs, while it happens, and even after
exposure has already taken place.
- Defending against threats at each stage of risk exposure is
challenging. An information protection system must be able to
secure sensitive data at rest, before a threat becomes real; protect
it during transmission, when the risk of abuse or misuse is highest;
and help IT identify and address unforeseen threats after they
- The protection of intellectual property (IP) is emerging as a market
requirement; simply protecting private or confidential data is no
- While protecting fixed-format data such as Social Security and
credit card numbers is straightforward, intellectual property (IP)
such as source code, which is complex and does not have a fixed
format, cannot be protected by simple techniques.
- The value of protected information can be enormous; IP such as
source code, legal documents, or drug formulations can be worth
millions of dollars.