Boston, MA, August 5, 2014
Pwnie Express, the only company to assess wired and wireless network security in remote locations on demand, today announced the Pwn Pulse software as a service (SaaS) solution. The enterprise-class offering uses Pwnie Express’s easy-to-deploy sensors to provide highly scalable continuous intelligence.
An end-to-end security assessment solution designed specifically for hard-to-reach distributed remote sites, Pwn Pulse delivers real-time wired and wireless asset discovery, continuous vulnerability scanning, pentesting, risk trending and alerting.
Known for its drop-box penetration testing solutions, the new SaaS solution completes the entire enterprise security assessment lifecycle. The solution delivers a robust centralized management console that:
- Allows for out-of-the-box deployment of sensors
- Aggregates and correlates sensor data
- Provides trending and analysis of data with the ability to drill down to sensor asset level
- Pwn Pulse also easily and seamlessly integrates with existing security information and event management (SIEM) products.
- Provides a cost-effective lightweight, non-intrusive and easy-to-deploy solution for remote locations
- Delivers the most comprehensive asset discovery to remote sites
- Extends vulnerability management to remote sites
- Enables subsequent on-demand penetration testing to remote sites
- Allows for easy anywhere multi-site deployment
- Increases frequency and scope of remote site assessment
- Expands awareness of wired, wireless, BYOD and rogue devices across all sites
- Addresses PCI DSS and HIPAA compliance requirements at remote sites
- Reduces travel and operational overhead required to do security testing
“Businesses have fortified their headquarters and are now finding that they are increasingly at risk at their remote and branch offices as they remain vulnerable to attack, “ said Dave Porcello, CTO and founder of Pwnie Express “Remote locations have often been overlooked as the ideal attack entry point and the attackers know and use this. Attackers have also relied on and benefited from the difficulty organizations have experienced when trying to conduct security assessments and penetration test these remote wired and wireless environments which leaves them open to attack.
“Pwn Pulse is a game changer. It leverages the data generated by our proven sensors to provide a total end-to-end security assessment solution that integrates all of the intelligence for remote locations.”
Pwn Pulse provides consolidated asset discovery, vulnerability scanning, and pentesting in a single unified solution to deliver actionable risk information showing organizations where they are most vulnerable. This allows organizations to focus on high probability threats and threat vectors. With Pwn Pulse’s integrated intelligence, delivering continuous in-depth analysis to accurately identify attack paths, organizations can now extend their security from the headquarters across their entire organization.
“Working with large and mid-sized organizations, some of the largest challenges we see is the ability to understand what risks remote locations truly have. We continue to see a number of breaches occur at bank beaches, remote hospital locations, retail store locations, and other areas that are not directly at the “corporate” environment.,” said Dave Kennedy, Founder and Principal Security Consultant TrustedSec LLC.
“It’s challenging to get visibility into these different areas and something we simulate as attackers on a regular basis. Our easiest entry points are usually in these remote locations. It’s really great to see Pwnie Express come out with Pwn Pulse, which helps gain valuable data and information into the remote locations around what risks and exposures you may have to really start to fix a lot of the issues we see regularly. The more information an organization has, the better off they are in understanding what they can to do defend against the attacks we are seeing today.”
Pwnie Express’s network security assessment sensors are rapidly deployable and have been providing more than X (number) enterprises access to, and intelligence in hard to reach locations. At Pwnie Express’s core are open source tools available in a variety of form factors.
Pwn Pulse is currently in Beta testing. General availability will be in Q4. If you are interested in being part of the Beta please contact Pwnie Express at [email protected]