New York, New York – February 11, 2016 – NopSec today unveiled Unified VRM 4.0 to help organizations take a more proactive approach to vulnerability management and, more importantly, remediation. The latest enhancements to the innovative platform further close the gap between detection and remediation by empowering security teams with faster, easier risk reporting, prioritization and workflow.
"Being in the business of risk, ARC values the accurate visibility that NopSec VRM provides us of actual vulnerabilities affecting the security of our network and our business,” said Joe Cavallaro, chief information officer, ARC Excess & Surplus, LLC. “NopSec VRM helps our security team to swiftly fix vulnerabilities and keep our network – and customers’ data safe.”
With cyber-attacks costing organizations up to $500 billion per year according to industry experts, organizations now recognize the growing cybersecurity threat. As the threats increase and become more complex, the demand on IT and security teams is at an industry high. In fact, a report from Cisco puts the global figure at one million cybersecurity job openings in 2016. Adamant that proactive remediation is the key to effective cybersecurity, NopSec helps customers resolve potential security issues 3X faster, cutting their average time to remediation from 190 to under 60 days within the first year.
“Attackers have a tendency to follow the easiest path, and organizations are still consistently failing to patch well known vulnerabilities in a reasonable timeframe,” said Adrian Sanabria, senior security analyst at 451 Research. “There are two key trends addressing this issue: First, organizations need the ability to prioritize threats based on a mix of the attacker’s perspective and the academic/researcher's perspective, not just the latter. Second, workflow optimization can also significantly reduce the time from awareness to issue resolution with respect to flaws that attackers will quickly identify and exploit."
An award-winning solution, Unified VRM was recently named an SC Magazine 2016 Trust Award Finalist and an Info Security Product Guide Products Excellence of the Year Finalist, and made the Security Innovation of the Year Shortlist by the Cloud Awards. Continuing its mission to deliver the most advanced, cloud-based vulnerability risk management solution, the major enhancements to the Unified VRM platform include:
· Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine Dashboard: Improved dashboard dedicated to delivering richer data visualizations, quantifiable data and quick links to drill-down into other reports for a correlated view of the organization’s vulnerability posture.
· Remediation To-Do List: New prioritization tool helps users quickly see the top threats AND gives a list of customized, immediate remediation steps to drive action for high-priority issues.
· Critical-Fix Filter: New feature highlights aging vulnerabilities with the highest risk factor to reduce ticket clutter and keep users focused on remediation.
· Detailed Reporting: Updated reporting functionality now allows users to generate dynamic reports and easily create custom presentations to address the continued lack of executive visibility.
· User-Friendly Workflow: Completely redesigned user interface and navigation, as well as new asset workspaces and automation capabilities gives users a way to further ease the friction between security, IT and compliance teams.
“Organizations need to stop putting their data at risk to cybersecurity attacks—especially from known vulnerabilities and security threats,” noted NopSec CEO Lisa Xu. “NopSec arms organizations with the information and automated processes they need to prioritize known threats, speed remediation and, ultimately, prevent data breaches.”
Check out NopSec’s recent infographic, “2016 Vulnerability Risk Management and Remediation Trends,” on top prioritization and remediation challenges and 2016 priorities based on a survey of 200+ security and IT professionals.
NopSec provides vulnerability risk management and remediation workflow solutions to help businesses protect their IT environments from security breaches. The company’s flagship product, Unified VRM, is based on a flexible SaaS architecture that provides intelligent context to vulnerability data, enabling security teams to visually forecast threat risk to dramatically reduce the turnaround time between identification and remediation of critical security vulnerabilities across infrastructure and applications. NopSec has been recognized as one of the 20 Most Promising Enterprise Security Companies by CIO Review, an SC Magazine 2016 Trust Award Finalist,, and an Info Security Product Guide Products Excellence of the Year Finalist. The company also made the Security Innovation of the Year Shortlist by the Cloud Awards and has been named to CRN's list of Emerging Security Vendors for four consecutive years. NopSec is based in New York, NY. For more information, please visit www.nopsec.com.