The performance marketing channel is rapidly growing in popularity with online advertisers due to its compelling pay-for-results pricing model. This rapid growth makes self-regulation and open knowledge sharing among all members of the performance marketing ecosystem (advertisers, networks, publishers, and consumers) critical to its continued success.
To execute successful campaigns in compliance with industry and FTC standards, advertisers and publishers need information, tools and ongoing research pertaining to new compliance standards, fraud mitigation and campaign management best practices. MediaTrust is working to ensure that all industry stakeholders have the information and tools needed to effectively and responsibly leverage the channel.
1. Enhanced Fraud Detection Tools: MediaTrust's pay-for-performance platform (previously known as Advaliant) provides its advertisers and account managers with robust fraud detection tools that quickly and easily identify fraudulent publisher activity. Real-time campaign traffic data is evaluated using proprietary algorithms to detect possible fraud and maintain high traffic quality.
2. Trusted Network of Publishers: Beyond detecting fraudulent traffic in real time, the most effective way to mitigate fraud across a network is to thoroughly screen publishers and only allow trusted publishers onto the network. With less than one in five publishers applications accepted, MediaTrust has mitigated the vast majority of headaches for advertisers before they start.
3. Compliance Information Center: With increasing emphasis placed on industry regulation and compliance, MediaTrust's website now provides an updated compliance center (http://mediatrust.com/compliance.html) complete with the latest industry and legislative information and MediaTrust's codes of conduct for search, display, email and social media distribution.
4. Support for Industry Associations:MediaTrust continues to provide resources to further the industry's goals via the Performance Marketing Alliance. Member companies formed the PMA to create and enforce industry best practices and standards.
5. Industry Conduct Guidelines: MediaTrust recently published 'first of its kind' Blogging and Social Media guidelines to clarify for publishers the conduct that is acceptable when generating leads and sales for advertisers on the MediaTrust platform.
6. Industry Leadership: MediaTrust continues to provide valuable research, education and thought leadership via the industry-focused blog, blog.mediatrust.com and its weekly podcast called Relevantly Speaking (http://blog.mediatrust.com/category/podcasting/)
Publisher or advertisers interested in learning more about MediaTrust's pay-for-results online direct response solutions, please visit www.mediatrust.com. The site also contains links to useful industry resources and information.
MediaTrust makes pay-for-results online advertising easier. MediaTrust offers an innovative online technology platform, supported by best-in-class service, and access to the best direct response advertisers and affiliate publishers in the industry. The Company's offering enables its publisher and advertiser partners to easily create and deploy pay-for-performance marketing campaigns that deliver leads and sales. In 2009, the company was ranked 9th fastest growing US company by Inc. Magazine. Founded in 2004, MediaTrust is headquartered in New York City with offices in Toronto and Santa Barbara.
For more information on MediaTrust's pay-for-results advertising and publishing solutions, please visit: www.mediatrust.com, or follow the company blog: blog.mediatrust.com, or call 1-877-987-8785.