The Dark Reading News Desk will return to Black Hat USA next week to bring you an exclusive look inside the conference: over 40 live video interviews with conference speakers, sponsors and industry experts. Our broadcast will stream live, right here, from 2 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. E.T. (11 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. P.T.) Wednesday, Aug. 3 and from 2 p.m. -- 6:10 p.m. ET (11 a.m. -- 3:10 p.m. PT Thursday, Aug. 4.
Your hosts, once again are myself (Dark Reading senior editor Sara Peters) and UBM's VP of Event and Content Strategy Brian Gillooly. We'll be having some fun, and more importantly, talking to this superb line-up of guests (subject to change):
Wednesday, August 3
- Jeremiah Grossman, Chief of Security Strategy, SentinelOne
- Bob Adams, Cyber Security Strategist, Mimecast
- Travis LeBlanc, Chief, Enforcement Bureau, Federal Communications Commission
- Andrew Krug, Security Researcher
- Hugh Njemanze, CEO, Anomali
- Aditya Gupta, CEO and Founder, Attify
- Stuart McClure, President and CEO, Cylance
- George Karidis, President, Cloud Technology Services, CompuCom
- Shehzad Merchant, CTO, Gigamon
- Jennifer Granick, Director of Civil Liberties, and Riana Pfefferkorn, Cryptography Fellow, both from the Stanford Center for Internet & Society
- Jeff Schilling, CSO, Armor
- Israel Barak, Head of Incident Response, Cybereason
- Dr. Zinaida Benenson, Chair for IT Security Infrastructures, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Joe Loveless, Director of Product Marketing, Neustar
- Peleus Uhley, Lead Security Strategist, Adobe
- Michelle Cobb, VP of Worldwide Marketing, Skybox Security
- Paul Vixie, CEO of Farsight Security, Inc.
- Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek, Security Researchers
- Leo Taddeo, CSO, Cryptzone
- Kenneth Geers, Professor, NATO Cyber Centre
- Hal Lonas, CTO, Webroot
- Jamesha Fisher, Security Operations Engineer, GitHub
- Stu Sjouwerman, CEO and Founder, KnowBe4 Inc.
Thursday, August 4
- Jeff Melrose, Senior Principal Tech Specialist, Yokogawa
- Nadav Avital, Application Security Research Team Leader and Itsik Mantin, Director of Security Research, Imperva
- Jake Kouns, CISO, Risk Based Security and Christine Gadsby Director of BlackBerry's Global Product Security Incident Response Team (SIRT)
- Eva Galperin, Global Policy Analyst, Electronic Frontier Foundation and Cooper Quintin, Staff Technologist, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Roger Thornton, CTO, AlienVault
- Tom Nipravsky, Security Researcher, Deep Instinct
- Jian Zhen, SVP of Product for Endgame
- Chris Wysopal, Co-founder and CTO, Veracode
- Joyce Brocaglia, CEO Alta Associates, Founder Executive Women's Forum
- Brian Vecci, Technical Evangelist, Varonis
- Dan Kaminsky, Chief Scientist, White Ops
- Carl Herberger, Radware
- Wade Williamson, Director of Threats, Vectra
- Michael Sutton, CISO, Zscaler
- Lance James, Chief Scientist, Flashpoint
- Rick Holland, VP of Strategy, Digital Shadows
- Jelle Niemantsverdriet, Director Cyber Risk Services, Deloitte
- Nikhil Mittal, Security Researcher
- Marco Ortisi, Senior Penetration Tester, European Network for CyberSecurity
Tune in Wednesday at 2 p.m. E.T. and join the fun. If you see anything you like, share it with the hashtags #DRNewsDesk and #BHUSA.
How could you not find something you like here? We'll have new vulnerabilities being announced, Jeremiah Grossman talking about cyber insurance, Adi Gupta talking IoT security, Jelle Niemantsverdriet talking about designing better security for end users, Andrew Krug talking about hardening AWS, Peleus Uhley talking about automation, Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek talking car hacking, and Jennifer Granick and Riana Pfefferkorn talking about handling technical assistance demands from law enforcement.
Plus, these are live, four- or five-hour shows. That's like two back-to-back SuperBowls without halftime breaks and the first one went into overtime. That's like two back-to-back Major League Baseball games that went into 12, 13, 14 innings. So even if you aren't interested in the infosec content, at least tune in on Thursday afternoon to see how well Brian and I are holding up.
Maybe if you send us water, medicine, and Reeses Pieces around the time Dan Kaminsky is talking about how we could lose the Internet, we'll survive all the way through to Marco Ortisi's discussion of recovering a RSA private key from a TLS session with perfect-forward secrecy. Either way, it should be good viewing!