- BorderWare Technologies today announced that its real-time, multi-application reputation service, BorderWare Security Network (BSN), reported a new trend in spam in which images are embedded in PDFs.
- This means that spammers are able to sidestep todays commercial and open security solutions.
- On any given day, over 30 image spam campaigns are being run, with over 50% of these being PDF based
- The BSN Portal tracks domain reputation in real time and gathers data from more than 8,000 customer systems in 65 countries.
- Using its real-time analysis, BSN was able to detect the increase in PDF spam even as cases of traditional image spam were dropping.
- BSN, in combination with BorderWare Security Platforms patent-pending InterceptTM Image Analysis technology and attachment scanning capabilities is able to detect and block image spam being sent via PDF.