REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. -- Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL - News) today announced the immediate availability of Oracle® Identity Management 10g Release 3. Complete with a robust, comprehensive set of access control, identity administration, provisioning and directory services capabilities, this latest release enables organizations to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of user identities across heterogeneous enterprise resources within and beyond their organizational boundaries, while helping to streamline sustainable compliance policies and controls.
Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 integrates multiple key software solutions that Oracle has attained through a combination of acquisitions and organic development including Web access management, user provisioning, identity federation and directory services. Built on open-standards, Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 is hot-pluggable and interoperates with packaged applications including Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, PeopleSoft Enterprise and Siebel applications, and SAP. The new release also offers support for 12 additional platforms, demonstrating Oracle's commitment to heterogeneity.
Each component of Oracle Identity Management 10g Release 3 features updates including enhanced internationalization and localization support for 28 languages. Key updates include:
- Oracle Identity Manager (formerly known as Oracle Xellerate Identity Provisioning) -- automates the process of provisioning IT resources across heterogeneous business processes and managed platforms; is now integrated into the Oracle Identity Management framework; features a new module for audit and compliance with expanded data capture, an attestation framework, improved reporting and comprehensive platform support;
- Oracle Access Manager (formerly known as Oracle COREid Access and Identity) -- provides Web single sign-on, identity administration and comprehensive reporting and auditing; now includes advanced password management capabilities, new performance enhancements, shared-secret enhancements to improve security between software components, additional authentication triggers and new third party platform certifications;
- Oracle Virtual Directory -- enables multiple LDAP directories or relational databases to look like a single, unified LDAP store; includes new audit and reporting features, and improved installation/configuration for use with Oracle Identity Management products, IBM Tivoli, and Microsoft Active Directory;
- Oracle Internet Directory Services -- an LDAP v3 directory that leverages the scalability, high availability and security features of Oracle Database; includes enhanced LDAP-based fan-out replication, tighter password integration with Active Directory, and OID synchronization support for Novell eDirectory and OpenLDAP; offers increased manageability capabilities through integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g; and
- Oracle Identity Federation (formerly known as Oracle COREid
Federation) -- a stand-alone, simple-to-deploy, fully functional
federation server features enhanced support for SAML 2.0 and
Oracle Corp. (Nasdaq: ORCL)