MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Nevis Networks, a market leader in identity-based policy enforcement solutions that control network access and secure sensitive resources, today announced a major new operating software release for its LANenforcer LAN security solutions.
Key highlights of LANenforcer 4.0 include:
- Dissolvable messaging agent (runs in system tray and provides feedback loop and customized informational messages to end users)
- Identification of corporate owned assets vs. guest/contractor assets
- Policy evaluation tool (allows you to run "what if" scenarios for policy troubleshooting and planning purposes)
- Posture checks run on endpoints without admin or power user status
- Posture check for running processes
- Selective OS patch posture check (granular control down to individual KB)
- Support for Mac OSX endpoint posture check
- Application recognition and control of P2P/IM apps at 10Gbps
- Scan profiler to reduce malware false positives
- New posture check dashboard for real time monitoring and troubleshooting
- Full customized reporting in addition to existing pre-canned reports
Security analysts and market research all indicate that NAC solutions are not living up to customer expectations, because of the immaturity of the technology and the market realization that NAC has too many moving parts, noted Dominic Wilde, Nevis vice president of marketing. This can be very disruptive to the existing infrastructure, and does not address the real challenges organizations are facing in managing endpoint risk. Customers have helped us to ensure that LANenforcer 4.0 operating software dramatically raises the bar in terms of a mature, full-featured LAN security solution.