"Companies and government agencies throughout Canada have mobile field workers that need secure and consistent wireless access to information in order to perform their jobs efficiently," said Bob Hunsberger, President and CEO of NetMotion Wireless. "TELUS is at the forefront of providing their customers with advanced wireless services, and we're very pleased to work with them to enhance mobile productivity for these major accounts."
Jim Senko, TELUS vice-president of Mobility Solutions said, "Mobile VPN Plus is an ideal offering for organizations across multiple industries, including: public safety, utilities, healthcare, communications, government, transportation and many others. These organizations often deploy large quantities of laptops and smartphones to highly-mobile field personnel, and they can benefit greatly from a VPN designed specifically for wireless environments with centralized software tools to manage their devices."
More than 1,300 companies and agencies already use NetMotion Wireless to enhance the productivity of their mobile workers. NetMotion's Mobility XE is a client-server based software solution. After selecting their data service plan from TELUS, enterprises simply deploy a standard server running NetMotion Wireless' software behind the company firewall, and load client software on employees' laptops and PDAs. Pricing varies based on the size of the mobile deployment.
With NetMotion's Mobility XE and policy management services, businesses and agencies benefit from:
- Seamless transitions among all wide area networks (EDGE, UMTS/HSDPA, 1xRTT/EV-DO), Wi-Fi, and customer wireline data networks;
- Sustained applications, even as workers move in and out of wireless coverage areas;
- Automatic selection of the fastest available network without requiring user intervention;
- Secure access to all critical applications from the field, including work order and billing systems and other databases, reducing calls to the corporate offices;
- Data compression and link optimizations to improve application performance and reduce network consumption over wireless networks;
- A real-time, system-wide view of device activity, including application use, device connections and battery life;
- Customized policies that let IT administrators better manage application and network access, quarantine lost or stolen devices, and prioritize bandwidth for critical transmissions and applications;
- Enhanced security and network management controls that extend corporate security policies to mobile devices, including proactive scans for up-to-date antivirus, anti-spyware and operating system patches; and
- Advanced capabilities to support real-time applications such as streaming video.
For more information about NetMotion Wireless, visit www.netmotionwireless.com.
About NetMotion Wireless
Based in Seattle, NetMotion Wireless' software enables businesses and agencies to maintain and optimize connections to applications as their mobile workers move in and out of wireless coverage areas and across various networks. NetMotion's award-winning Mobile VPN, Mobility XE, enhances mobile worker productivity at more than 1,300 of the world's most respected organizations across multiple industries including utilities, healthcare, communications, public safety, local government, transportation and many others. For more information about NetMotion Wireless or its products, please visit www.netmotionwireless.com or call (206) 691-5500.
PR Contacts: Troy Edwards, JLM Partners for NetMotion Wireless, [email protected], 206-381-3600 or Jeremy Pemble, JLM Partners for NetMotion Wireless, [email protected], 206-381-3600.