Redwood City, Calif. – April 8, 2015 – Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced Informatica [email protected], the industry’s first Data Security Intelligence solution. Informatica [email protected] enables enterprises to take a much-needed data-centric approach to information security by empowering organizations to identify and visualize sensitive data wherever it resides, inside or outside of the corporate perimeter.
With this focus, organizations can improve their data breach resiliency and achievement of global privacy and audit initiatives. Key to data security intelligence is sensitive data proliferation analysis – understanding where applications create sensitive information in databases and how that information is proliferated to other data stores for use by line-of-business applications, cloud services and mobile apps.
Watch the Informatica [email protected] online launch event at 10 a.m., Pacific Time (1 p.m., Eastern Time) today, featuring:
- Anil Chakravarthy, EVP and Chief Product Officer, Informatica
- Arnold Felberbaum, Former CISO, Professor NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering
- Linda Hewlett, Sr. Enterprise Security Architect, Santander Holdings USA
- Jeff Northrop, CTO, IAPP
- Larry Ponemon, Founder, Ponemon Institute
- Amit Walia, SVP & GM, Data Security and Integration, Informatica
- Bill Burns, VP & CISO, Informatica
Read, at the end of this announcement, what Informatica customers, partners and executives have to say about Informatica’s data-centric security solution.
Informatica [email protected] is the first data security intelligence software to effectively address the extensive security challenges arising from massive enterprise data growth and proliferation beyond the corporate firewall to public and private clouds, mobile devices, outsourced and off-shore resources and big data analytics platforms. By identifying the location and risk of sensitive data and leveraging data intelligence analytics, organizations can better achieve their data security and privacy obligations to customers, employees and partners. Informatica [email protected] enhances traditional network and host- based security by identifying and analyzing sensitive data so that data security can be applied to help thwart data theft from internal or external sources.
Industry Pundits Agree: [email protected] is Necessary Today
According to the Ponemon Institute, which conducts independent research on privacy, data protection and information security policy, in its soon-to-be-published global survey of CIOs and IT security professionals on the “The State of Data Security Intelligence”:
- 65 percent of respondents say not knowing the location of sensitive or confidential data keeps them up at night, and is more of a fear than hackers (25 percent) or employee mistakes (18 percent).
- 56 percent of global respondents say securing and/or protecting data is a high priority, yet only 21 percent of respondents say their organization would be able to detect a breach all the time.
- Only 19 percent of global respondents say their organization has a common process for implementing new controls and preventative measures in the presence of a new threat.
- 60 percent of global respondents are not confident that their organization has the ability to proactively respond to cloud-based data threats.
- Click here to see an infographic highlighting key findings of the Ponemon Data Security Intelligence report.
- Click here and here to watch two Vine videos on the Ponemon report.
In its new ESG Solution Showcase report, “Data‐centric Security: A New Information Security Perimeter,” analysts from the Enterprise Strategy Group, a leading IT research, analysis, and strategy firm, wrote that:
- “Traditional security defenses are no match for targeted attacks that circumvent security controls and steal sensitive data.”
- ESG believes that the type of continuous monitoring of sensitive data, which Informatica [email protected] provides, “could help organizations better manage and protect sensitive data at rest, data in motion, and data in use by applying the right level of controls and oversight based upon real-time risk management calculations. In this way, Informatica [email protected] also can help streamline compliance audits, improve risk management, and decrease the likelihood of a devastating data breach.”
Neuralytix, a leading IT market research and consulting firm, in its white paper, “Data Security Intelligence Future State,” forecasts that the Data Security Intelligence (DSI) market “will reach US$800M by 2018, growing at a CAGR (combined annual growth rate) of 27.8%.”
- The white paper notes that, “The framework behind DSI enables enterprises to understand the risk and profile of the data they retain. This framework not only helps to minimize risk, but can also maximize enterprise value and competitive advantage.”
[email protected] Unique Features
Informatica [email protected] provides data security professionals with automated capabilities, an easy-to-use graphical interface, and a dashboard and reporting environment for:
- Enterprise-wide assessment of sensitive data risks. Users assess risk and quantify the cost of potential data breaches based on multiple factors and using customizable weightings.
- Sensitive data classification and discovery. Users discover sensitive data based on preexisting and/or customizable policies, identify top departments and applications with the highest risks, and visualize hot spots of high data sensitivity, exposure and risk levels.
- Sensitive data proliferation analysis. Users discover and track sensitive data proliferation, visually monitor the flow of data from sources to targets, and determine the protection status, severity and risk score for each data store.
- Policy-based alerting. Policies are easily defined and implemented to identify high-risk conditions and issue appropriate alerts, including when sensitive data leaves a country, when sensitive data is found in unauthorized locations, when regulatory data is not sufficiently protected, and when risk levels reach critical thresholds.
Informatica [email protected] is powered by the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform, designed to help business users easily integrate, consume and analyze all types of data. Informatica [email protected] works by gathering insights from data context and from metadata to power its highly accurate location and risk analytics. In addition to complementing existing data management and security solutions, [email protected] leverages information from these solutions to present a truly comprehensive solution for understanding and managing sensitive data risk.
[email protected] product roadmap
Informatica [email protected] is part of its Data Centric Security solutions offering a two-pronged strategy for empowering customers to reduce the risk of sensitive data exposure. The other prong is Data Security Controls, represented by Informatica’s market leading and award-winning solutions for dynamic data masking, persistent data masking, and validation and audit. More than 500 customers are using Informatica data-centric security solutions to reduce risk and cost, and protect sensitive data.
Informatica [email protected] will be available as a subscription-based offering. [email protected] will provide comprehensive sensitive data risk assessment, classification and discovery, and proliferation analysis capabilities.
The Informatica [email protected] initial release will be generally available as a subscription offering by the end of April 2015. For more information, please see the Informatica [email protected] Data Sheet.
“We have very strict laws in Europe around sensitive customer information and require the ability to discover the proliferation of sensitive information. We have no way to do what Informatica [email protected] does, unless we try to do this manually, which adds complexity to the initiative. We expect [email protected] to help address our concerns of balancing innovation in Big Data and mitigating the risk of a data breach, while ensuring data privacy compliance.”
– Thomas Reichel, Lead Architect, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse, KPN, the leading Dutch landline and mobile telecommunications provider
“The proliferation of data available in the enterprise presents a significant opportunity for organizations to more effectively address ever-changing security, compliance and business requirements. By combining our industry-leading approach to identity and access management with Informatica’s innovative Data Security Intelligence, our joint customers can proactively gain control of risk and improve their security posture by managing and securing all end users and tying them to the data they create. When Informatica [email protected] identifies and locates sensitive and confidential data, SailPoint IdentityIQ ensures only authorized users have appropriate levels of access, no matter where the data proliferates – on-premises or in the cloud.”
– Paul Trulove, vice president of product management, SailPoint
“We are pleased to partner with Informatica and work with [email protected] joint customers. Once [email protected] identifies, classifies and locates where sensitive and confidential data reside and its risk, Vormetric customers can secure the data by leveraging our Data Protection Platform solutions. These include transparent file encryption, granular field-level production application encryption, format preserving tokenization with dynamic data masking, sophisticated access control policies, comprehensive auditing, and third party encryption key management. Our audit logs also help Informatica to provide detailed views into data access patterns for identification of possible threats. Together with Informatica, we will continue to collaborate to make sure our customer’s data remains secure, as it proliferates from source to the cloud and big data environments.
– Derek Tumulak, vice president of product management, Vormetric
“The major data breaches during the past two years have cost consumers and businesses more than $445 billion worldwide, according to analyst estimates, not to mention loss of confidence in retailers, financial institutions, health care organizations and beyond. The time for organizations to regain the confidence of their customers is now, and Informatica’s [email protected] is the solution that companies can rely on to help keep data in the hands of the people who should have it.”
– Anil Chakravarthy, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica
“Data security represents a fast-growing market opportunity, projected by analysts to grow by 17 percent a year and reach $1.2 billion by 2018. The growing societal demand for strengthened data privacy and anticipated legislation around cyber-security, including notification of data breaches and data residency laws, are just two reasons why data-centric security is becoming so important a tool. We are leveraging our investments in data-centric security and our Intelligent Data Platform to continue to build innovative solutions such as [email protected] to meet evolving data security needs.”
– Amit Walia, senior vice president and general manager, Data Security Group, Informatica
“Informatica is cutting edge, with respect to running the majority of our business processes using SaaS-based applications. Understanding the importance of our customer and employee data sensitivity, we want to always know where sensitive and private data reside and where it is being exposed. With data privacy and security top of mind with our customers, employees and shareholders, we are excited about the opportunity to take part in actively shaping this market with the industry’s first Data Security Intelligence offering, Informatica [email protected]”
– Bill Burns, chief information security officer, Informatica
Tweet this: News: @InformaticaCorp introduces [email protected], the industry’s first Data Security Intelligence software http://infa.media/1PhNlSO
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, the industry’s first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique “Map Once. Deploy Anywhere.” capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,500 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.