January 30, 2018, Columbia, MD -- Tenable™, Inc., the Cyber Exposure company, today announced record billings of over $250 million representing over 45 percent growth for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2017, highlighted by strong performance across North America, Europe and Asia. The fourth quarter of 2017 also marks the seventh consecutive quarter of greater than 40 percent year-over-year billings growth for the company. Tenable’s financial results make it one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing cybersecurity companies and reflect aggressive demand for the company’s Cyber Exposure solutions, which help enterprises and government organizations of all sizes understand and reduce cyber risk in modern computing environments.
Additional company highlights for 2017 include:
- Surpassed more than 24,000 customers in over 160 countries, adding more than 1,000 new customers across a variety of industries.
- Amassed a customer list that includes new enterprise customers such as FedEx, VMware and Westlake Chemical. Tenable’s customers include more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, more than 20 percent of the Global 2000, the 10 largest U.S. technology companies and nine of the 10 largest U.S. financial institutions.
- Expanded global presence with new international headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, more extensive operations in the Middle East, Japan and Latin America, bringing the company’s global footprint to include a presence in 20 countries and plans to open a new corporate headquarters in Columbia, MD.
- Released Tenable.io™, the first Cyber Exposure platform to provide visibility into any asset on any computing platform including public cloud environments, and purpose-built applications for Vulnerability Management, Container Security and Web Application Scanning.
- Introduced Industrial Security, delivered in partnership with Siemens to help energy, utilities and oil and gas companies secure and protect their most critical infrastructure.
“Our explosive growth and record results prove that every organization in every corner of the world needs to understand and manage its cyber risk holistically across IT, Cloud, IoT and OT. Companies and government agencies around the world have overwhelmingly selected Tenable as the gold standard for Cyber Exposure. We’re increasingly seeing these forward-leaning organizations factor in Cyber Exposure as a key risk metric in their decision-making process, just as they leverage CRM for forecasting sales risk or ERP for supply chain risk,” said Amit Yoran, Chairman & CEO. “Our ability to continue to execute against this large and growing market opportunity positions us well for continued growth in 2018 and beyond.”