Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa is the only Secure Content Management (SCM) solution that achieves the operational objectives of virtualized environments: cost efficiency, application consolidation and simplicity. It delivers high performance protection against all types of Internet-borne malware and spam and blocks non-productive or potentially dangerous Web activity using a hybrid security cloud in the perimeter, increasing the protection capacity and reducing resource usage to a minimum.
The hybrid cloud used by the new virtual appliance combines a private cloud, hosted on a private network which provides service to Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa; and a public cloud, which provides service to a global network and private cloud (Collective Intelligence) as well. Users benefit from the full knowledge potential of the cloud, thanks to its real-time connection to Collective Intelligence, an automatic system that detects, analyzes, classifies and detects 99.4 percent of the 73,000 new malware strains received every day by our antimalware laboratory, PandaLabs.
Leveraging of a hybrid cloud also represents a significant step forward in perimeter security, as it gives companies total control over their data, including log files and registries. Without this feature, detection capacity is degraded, meaning that no data is sent to the cloud for analysis, except for certain traces with high levels of encryption.
Main features include:
- Integrated proactive threat detection: Combining the capacity of Collective Intelligence to detect all types of malware using cloud technologies, heuristic engines and quarantines
- Complete protection: Delivering best-of-breed protection against potentially dangerous content, spam and non-productive Web content, it can even monitor P2P/IM/VoIP/Spotify protocols
- Zombie detection: Module highly specialized in detecting and disinfecting bots in corporate networks, both on individual computers and on mail servers
- Automatic protection: Continuous and transparent updates of signatures and technologies in real-time, guaranteeing that the virtual appliance operates more effectively in ‘hands-free’ mode
- Integration with LDAP/ActiveDirectory and granular profiles: Guarantees that security policies are applied following the standards for creating risk groups, network users, etc.
- High scalability: Load balancing function ensures maximum availability
- Quality of Service (QoS): Manages bandwidth to ensure optimum network performance
- Customized security warnings: Sent via SMTP, SNMP and Syslog
- Easy-to-follow security reports: Helps administrators meet policy compliance requirements and audit trails
- Real-time security monitoring: Management dashboard provides real-time graphic reports on activity of each protection module
- User-friendly and intuitive Web console: Accessible anytime, anywhere
The new Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa is available for trial at: http://www.pandasecurity.com/enterprise/solutions/virtual-gatedefender-performa/
About Panda Security
Founded in 1990, Panda Security is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the World. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 61 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.