ActivID Appliance, formerly 4TRESS&trade Authentication Appliance, is a full SAML v2 compliant identity provider, available as both a hardware appliance and a virtual appliance. Providing comprehensive multi-layered and versatile strong authentication, including ActivID Threat Detection Service, it gives enterprises the ability to secure a mobile workforce, enabling the use of personal and corporate mobile phones for two factor authentication.
"HID Global works closely with customers in every industry, from banking and government to healthcare and the enterprise, and their feedback is consistent across the board – they need a reliable and secure way to validate user identity that does not add unnecessary complexity to their existing environments," said Yves Massard, director of product management, Identity Assurance with HID Global. "We developed the ActivID Appliance based on this input to improve the ease of deployment and management, while ensuring the highest level of security for end-users accessing data over the public Internet using all types of devices."
New ActivID Appliance Features:
· Simpler and improved high-availability with automatic recovery after network failure.
· Customizable and customizable self-service portal allows users to establish and maintain their own credentials or tokens without IT admin support.
· Control over which soft token platform is used in a particular environment (e.g. a user can decide to enable iOS®, Windows® and Blackberry® but disable usage from Android and J2ME phones).
· Version control for any and all soft tokens, providing customers with additional options for risk mitigation.
· Multiple security domains, allowing segregated management of different groups (e.g. employees and customers).
· SNMP v3 monitoring.
· Premium hardware support option with advance replacement and on-site warranty replacement.
HID Global's ActivID Appliance is available immediately through channel partners. Click here for more information. [LINK WILL BE ADDED TO FINAL VERSION]
Stay Connected with HID Global
Visit our Media Center, read our Industry Blog, subscribe to our RSS Feed and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
About HID Global Identity Assurance Solutions
HID Global Identity Assurance solutions enable customers to prove and establish trust in a person's identity when accessing resources on the network. The business's strong authentication and smart card solutions are relied upon by more agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense, than any other provider, and has issued more than 100 million credentials to enterprise, government and commerce customers.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, use, and management of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company's served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. Primary brands are ActivIdentity®, EasyLobby®, FARGO® and HID®. Headquartered in Irvine, California, HID Global has over 2,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.