In a recent report, Varonis found that, on average, 58% of companies have more than 100,000 folders open to everyone -- placing sensitive data at risk from cyberattacks and data breaches. Regulations such as GDPR, PCI, HIPAA, and others place the burden on companies to manage and secure sensitive data to a least-privilege model. Issues such as access creep, malfunctioning permissions, “ghost” users and other problems must be resolved to achieve maximum benefit from an IAM solution.
How it Works
The Varonis Data Security Platform helps prepare enterprise data for RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle by finding data owners, correcting inconsistent permissions, removing global security groups, and simplifying and maintaining permissions structures.
Companies that implement Varonis DataPrivilege interoperability with RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle benefit from:
- Enhanced visibility and control of unstructured file systems directly within RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle;
- Meeting access control policies by helping to ensure that users have appropriate access permissions;
- Reducing attack surfaces and assisting with compliance by limiting access privileges and deactivating stale/orphaned accounts; and
- Automating attestations, provisioning and de-provisioning of access permissions.
“Companies often lack insight on how users and groups map to permissions – yet this understanding is critical for achieving the full benefits from your IAM investment,” said Varonis CMO David Gibson. “The technical interoperability with RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle and Varonis DataPrivilege will help joint customers derive more value from their IAM by adding visibility into their data environments – mapping users, data owners, access permissions and more.”
“Controlling unstructured data has become a critical objective for many organizations, as they realize that information can often be as valuable as currency and may put them at risk,” said Stephen Mowll, Director of Product Management, RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle. “With regulations and threats from both internal and external actors, data must be subject to the same controls as any other asset: it must have an identified owner or steward, standardized access controls, access records, and reporting on these components. With this interoperability, RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle and Varonis customers can gain greater control of their sensitive data.”
- Download the RSA Implementation Blueprint for Varonis.
- For more information on how Varonis can help prepare unstructured data for IAM management, visit info.varonis.com/get-ready-for-iam.
- For additional details on the Varonis solution portfolio, visit www.varonis.com.
- For more information on GDPR compliance products, visit www.varonis.com/products/gdpr-software.
- Visit our blog and join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Podcast and YouTube.
Varonis is a pioneer in data security and analytics, fighting a different battle than conventional cybersecurity companies. Varonis focuses on protecting enterprise data: sensitive files and emails; confidential customer, patient and employee data; financial records; strategic and product plans; and other intellectual property. The Varonis Data Security Platform detects insider threats and cyberattacks by analyzing data, account activity and user behavior; prevents and limits disaster by locking down sensitive and stale data; and efficiently sustains a secure state with automation. With a focus on data security, Varonis serves a variety of use cases, including governance, compliance, classification and threat analytics. Varonis started operations in 2005 and, as of June 30, 2018, had approximately 6,200 customers worldwide — comprised of industry leaders in many sectors including financial services, healthcare, public, industrial, insurance, energy and utilities, consumer and retail, education, media and entertainment and technology.