Secdo Announces Behavioral-Based Indicators of Compromise, Automated Response Center
NEW YORK, NY— (October 30, 2017) - Secdo, a pioneer in automated endpoint security and incident response technology, today announced version 5.0 of the company’s enterprise-class incident response platform. The latest generation software introduces Behavioral Based Indicators of Compromise (BIOC) and the new Secdo Response Center. The Response Center includes dozens of response, containment, forensic and remediation features which sets a new industry standard well above competing solutions from Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Tanium and Cybereason. The Response Center provides an immediate solution for security teams to automatically catch and remediate endpoint security threats until administrators deploy the necessary patches to address the intrusion.
According to Gartner, “By 2020, 80% of large enterprises, 25% of midsize organizations and 10% of small organizations will have invested in endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities. EDR solutions augment traditional endpoint preventative controls such as an antivirus by monitoring endpoints for indications of unusual behavior and activities indicative of malicious intent.”(1)
Secdo’s technology modernizes the defense of endpoints with the steady collection of all activities and actions at the endpoint and server level. The product’s Causality Analysis EngineTM continuously and automatically analyzes billions of historical endpoint transactions to identify the chain of events associated with any sub-process, host, user, connection or file, and the causality chain behind every threat. The solution then provides remedies and can be taught to catch similar threats in the future.
In version 5.0, Secdo takes automated incident response to the next level with two major features:
1) The new Behavioral Based Indicators of Compromise (BIOC) capability, allowing analysts at any expertise level to configure and tune BIOC rules and optimize the ongoing detection of recurring attacks in the enterprise. The feature blocks malicious activities and behavioral patterns as well as other harmful processes before they can do damage to the organization.
2) The new Secdo Response Center which includes a comprehensive response portfolio that supports security administrators responsible for responding to an endpoint attack with many more options to choose from so a response that is most appropriate for the incident can be deployed. New Secdo Response Center capabilities include:
- Scalable & Surgical Remediation - Quarantining, terminating a process, deleting a file, deleting and modifying registry keys, stopping a service/driver, removing user accounts, etc.
- Containment – Endpoint and process freezing/unfreezing (IceBlockTM), endpoint isolation, disable user accounts, etc.
- Forensics - Live terminal, live PowerShell, live Python, dump process memory, dump process strings, grab screenshot, upload tools, download files, etc.
- Enforcement - Blacklist processes, whitelist processes, blacklist IP/host, custom playbook actions on IOCs and Behavioral IOCs, etc.
- Notification - Create alerts, send alerts to the SIEM, send email, etc.
Together, the two new Secdo features in version 5.0 provide a first-time solution for security teams to customize BIOCs to catch threats based on their specific environment in order to trigger an automated response any time these behaviors are spotted. This capability is especially important when new vulnerabilities are found – as analysts can immediately create a BIOC to automatically catch and remediate the new threat even before a patch is deployed. This drastically reduces the ‘cat and mouse’ game that IT and cyber security teams are engaged when it comes to the deployments of patches.
“The improvements in version 5.0 solidify our vision of providing a truly effective and highly efficient automated incident response solution,” said Gil Barak, CTO and Co-Founder, Secdo. “With years of enterprise experience empowering security and IR teams with our powerful endpoint security and incident response solution, we are proud to take our technology to the next level with even greater built-in response capabilities.”