MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – May 20, 2014 – Symantec (Nasdaq: SYMC) today introduced Norton Small Business, a cybersecurity solution customized to help support and protect small businesses with fewer than 20 employees with a flexible subscription model that makes it easy to add or transfer licenses.
Businesses today rely on multiple computers and smartphones to conduct business and access information. This free flow of information has created tremendous opportunity for small businesses and the cybercriminals who target them. Across the U.S., approximately 20 million small businesses with fewer than 20 employees face increasingly complex security challenges and need simple, easy-to-use information security and management solutions.
“According to the Symantec Internet Security Threat Report, small businesses were targeted in 30 percent of all cyberattacks in 2013. While the risks are real, small business owners with fewer than 20 employees often wear multiple hats and don’t have the time or resources to manage IT needs,” said Brian Burch, vice president, Global Consumer and Small Business Marketing. “Running a small business is hard work, but Symantec wants to make securing it the easy part.”
Flexible Multi-Device Protection in Minutes
Norton Small Business builds upon Symantec’s proven multi-layer protection technologies, while adding small business features to enhance ease of use and management. Like the award-winning Norton consumer offerings, Norton Small Business delivers much more than basic antivirus. Today’s small businesses need the powerful layers of protection in Norton Small Business to stay safe from today’s threats. Key features and benefits include:
· Advanced cybersecurity – Powered by Symantec Insight and SONAR behavior-based technology, small businesses stay safe with always-on protection and a 100 percent virus removal assurance – or your money back. Norton Small Business features proprietary Norton Mobile Insight app- scanning technology as well as remote locate, lock and wipe capabilities to help manage lost or stolen devices.
· Flexible, right-for-me protection – Norton Small Business offers a subscription model to make it easy to add or transfer licenses based on changing business needs.
· Multi-device protection – Protects multiple business and employee devices including PCs, Macs, Android™ smartphones and tablets, iPhones® and iPads®.
· Enhanced support for small businesses – Allows employees to use Norton support directly and reach live agents without having to rely on business owners for troubleshooting.
· Fast – A guided start tool allows small businesses to deliver protection to all devices with a single email.
· Easy management – The web-based management portal makes it fast and easy to monitor and manage devices, ensuring protection levels across the business are current.
Scalable Offering, Pricing and Availability
Norton Small Business offers a flexible subscription model that allows small businesses to easily add and transfer licenses between devices. The MSRP is $99 annually to protect five devices; $199 annually to protect 10 devices; and $399 annually to protect 20 devices. Business owners can add licenses to protect each additional computer, smartphone or tablet for $20 annually. As additional devices are added, pricing is pro-rated to reflect the annual subscription period.
Norton Small Business is available for purchase where small businesses prefer to shop: online, in retail stores and through value-added resellers. Small businesses can immediately find Norton Small Business in the Norton online store and through select online retailers including Amazon.com, Staples.com, NewEgg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com and Fry's Electronics. It will also be available in Staples, Office Depot and Office Max retail stores this spring.
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is an information protection expert that helps people, businesses and governments seeking the freedom to unlock the opportunities technology brings -- anytime, anywhere. Founded in April 1982, Symantec, a Fortune 500 company, operating one of the largest global data-intelligence networks, has provided leading security, backup and availability solutions for where vital information is stored, accessed and shared. The company's more than 20,000 employees reside in more than 50 countries. Ninety-nine percent of Fortune 500 companies are Symantec customers. In fiscal 2014, it recorded revenue of $6.7 billion. To learn more go to www.symantec.com or connect with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/socialmedia.
# # #
NOTE TO U.S. EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.