Symantec's New Security Suites Address Targeted AttacksSymantec's New Security Suites Address Targeted Attacks
Symantec offers four security suites to help protect businesses from intellectual property loss
April 16, 2010
LAS VEGAS " Symantec Vision 2010 " April 13, 2010 " Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced four new solution suites designed to secure and manage IT assets. The risk to confidential information continues to grow as IT executives are facing an increasing number of threats to their information from both internal and external sources. Today's attacks are proving to be more sophisticated, well-organized and covert in nature than attacks seen in years past, thus requiring a new approach to security.
The recent Hydraq attacks highlight the targeted nature of today's threats, designed specifically to steal confidential information. According to the Symantec Internet Security Threat Report, which will be released later this month, 60 percent of identities exposed in 2009 were compromised by hacking attacks. In addition, according to the Symantec 2010 State of Enterprise Security Report, a broad study of large organizations, 100 percent of respondents experienced some type of cyber loss in 2009.
Symantec's security intelligence provides a unique vantage point, offering unparalleled insight and understanding into what's happening globally in the world of IT security. Cybercriminals are targeting four key areas of weakness that are putting business environments at risk: poorly enforced IT policies, poorly protected information, poorly managed systems and poorly protected infrastructure.
As the pace of information growth accelerates, IT infrastructures expand and new computing platforms are adopted, security professionals have more to manage than ever before. Businesses now require a focus on security continuity that allows them to continuously respond to internal and external changes. Moving forward, businesses need to develop a security strategy that is risk-based and policy driven, information-centric, and operationalized across a well managed infrastructure.
To address these customer pain points, Symantec has developed the four security suites listed below.
Symantec's Solution " Release Highlights
* Develop and Enforce IT Policies " Control Compliance Suite 10.0 will deliver greater visibility into an organization's IT and compliance risks, to ultimately provide better intelligence at lower costs. * Protect Information " Data Loss Prevention Suite 10.5 addresses key concerns about preventing data loss through social media and protecting information in private clouds. * Manage Systems " Altiris IT Management Suite 7.0 offers complete IT management that enhances effectiveness through faster deployments and increased security, reduces costs by closing technology gaps, and improves manageability amidst the increasing information and infrastructure sprawl. * Protect Infrastructure " Symantec Protection Suites will offer in-depth protection tailored to specific areas of the IT infrastructure and provide businesses with unified information security management across endpoints, servers and gateways.
Click to Tweet: Symantec offers four security suites to help protect businesses from intellectual property loss. http://bit.ly/asV7xp
Quotes and Facts
* "Most businesses suffer confidential information loss because they lack IT policies and standards that can be strongly tested and enforced to help protect information from being lost or stolen," said Tim Stanley, CISO, Continental Airlines. "Organizations need to focus on classifying the business value of information, which will enable them to implement operational risk-based standards and educate employees on their responsibility in keeping data protected from security threats."
* "When it comes to preventing cyber attacks and protecting intellectual property theft, the game has completely changed," said Francis deSouza, senior vice president, Enterprise Security Group, Symantec. "Organizations now require security that moves at the pace of their business and enables them to reduce overall IT security risk, not just stops the latest malware attack." * "As a member of the Agility Alliance, Symantec provides HP Enterprise Services customers with industry-leading capabilities and innovative approaches to the challenges clients are facing in today's environment," said Jim Alsop, vice president, Global Information Security, HP Enterprise Services. "The joint solutions HP and Symantec offer help clients secure and manage their information." * Seventy-five percent of enterprises have experienced a cyber attack in the past 12 months " 2010 State of Enterprise Security Report. * The average time between the release of exploit code for a Web browser vulnerability and a vendor patch release is 13 days " Symantec Security Response.
Connect with Symantec
* Symantec on Twitter * Symantec on Facebook * Symantec Connect Business Community * Symantec Vision Blog
* Targeted Attacks on Intellectual Property on SlideShare * 2010 State of Enterprise Security Report * 2010 State of Enterprise Security on SlideShare * Symantec Control Compliance Suite Box Shot * Symantec Control Compliance Suite Screen Shot * Altiris IT Management Suite Box Shot * Altiris IT Management Suite Screen Shot * Symantec Data Loss Prevention Box Shot * Symantec Data Loss Prevention Screen Shot * Symantec Protection Suite Box Shot * Symantec Protection Suite Screen Shot
* Symantec Control Compliance Suite 10.0 * Symantec Data Loss Prevention Suite 10.5 * Altiris IT Management Suite 7.0 * Symantec Protection Suites * Symantec Vision 2010 Press Center * Symantec Internet Security Threat Report
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
You May Also Like
Reducing Cyber Risk in Enterprise Email Systems: It's Not Just Spam and PhishingNov 01, 2023
SecOps & DevSecOps in the CloudNov 06, 2023
What's In Your Cloud?Nov 30, 2023
Everything You Need to Know About DNS AttacksNov 30, 2023
Passwords Are Passe: Next Gen Authentication Addresses Today's Threats
How to Deploy Zero Trust for Remote Workforce Security
What Ransomware Groups Look for in Enterprise Victims
How to Use Threat Intelligence to Mitigate Third-Party Risk
Securing the Remote Worker: How to Mitigate Off-Site Cyberattacks
9 Traits You Need to Succeed as a Cybersecurity Leader
The Ultimate Guide to the CISSP
The Burnout Breach: How employee burnout is emerging as the next frontier in cybersecurity
The Evolving Ransomware Threat: What Business Leaders Should Know About Data Leakage
The Rise of Extended Detection & Response