Norman Rolls Out New Version Of Malware Analyzer G2Norman Rolls Out New Version Of Malware Analyzer G2
Norman Malware Analyzer G2 provides Hybrid SandBoxing
July 21, 2012
OSLO, Norway – 16 July, 2012 - Norman, the global security leader in malware analysis solutions for enterprise, service providers and government, announced the newest version of its powerful Malware Analyzer G2 platform as a part of its comprehensive Norman Advanced Threat Management security solution.
Norman Malware Analyzer G2 delivers to analysts the industry’s greatest flexibility, the latest automated analysis tools and is engineered to inspect more deeply and analyze faster than any competing platform. Together, these capabilities deliver the best ROI available.
Malware Analyzer G2 Version 3 delivers:
· Multiple IntelliVM modules, allowing a wide variety of malware to be inspected in parallel
· Support for multiple operating systems, applications and file types for improved flexibility
· The ability to analyze almost any Windows application or file
· IntelliVM plugins in Python scripts for rapid development and extension of each analysis
· The creation of the Norman Malware Analysis G2 Community where Norman analysts, customers and partners rapidly share plug-ins to address the most challenging advanced persistent threats of the day
· An open patterns capability, where analysts can edit and adjust the process based on the threat view
· An enhanced, fully-emulated Norman SandBox® analysis module, voted “most innovative technology” by a prestigious international panel of security experts
· The industry’s most powerful data mining and threat assessment capabilities
· A scalable architecture, allowing tens of thousands of files to be analyzed per day
Norman’s solution is the industry’s only malware analysis framework to make available Hybrid SandBoxing. This means that analysts can run suspicious malware samples through the award-winning emulated Norman SandBox, and at the same time analyze the code in the virtualized IntelliVM modules. Daily experience shows that code that is not deemed suspicious in a virtual environment may very well be proved harmful through emulated Microsoft Windows environment inspection.
As a part of its comprehensive Norman Advanced Threat Management solution, Norman also announced the availability of its innovative Norman Network Threat Discovery with Advanced Threat Discovery Engine. Network Threat Discovery is available as an automated security appliance which may optionally be integrated into the Norman Malware Analyzer G2 architecture.
The Network Threat Discovery appliance is a cyber attack discovery system that sits at the network perimeter and automatically detects and collects malicious files that may have slipped past traditional security nodes. In cooperation with Norman’s Malware Analyzer G2, the appliance then rates the suspicious files by risk score and alerts the security organization of a potential problem. These files may then be analyzed by the automated Malware Analyzer G2.
In a risk environment where large corporations, service providers and government agencies may see 100,000 malicious software files in a day, Norman’s analyzer platform has the scalability and intelligence to keep up, while offering analysts an easy-to-use web-based management and operations console that delivers customizable technical and executive reports as needed. The solution is plug and play and customizable to every need, with RESTful APIs delivering the flexibility to integrate with existing analysis labs, honeypots, and other systems already in place.
“Under Norman’s Advanced Threat Management framework, the automated Malware Analyzer G2 has been powerfully architected to be configured to solve the most pressing security issues facing enterprises or government agencies today,” said Christophe Birkeland, Norman ASA’s Chief Technology Officer. “Unlike any competing solution available, we are giving analysts the tools and the control they need to effectively address today’s world of advanced persistent threats.”
Learn more about Norman Malware Analyzer G2 at Black Hat USA 2012, Las Vegas, July 25-July 26, Booth 319. To set up a meeting, please contact [email protected].
For more information on Norman’s Malware Analyzer product line, please go to www.malwareanalyzer.com. For more information on all Norman security solutions, please go to www.norman.com.
You May Also Like
Modern Supply Chain Security: Integrated, Interconnected, and Context-DrivenNov 06, 2023
How to Combat the Latest Cloud Security ThreatsNov 06, 2023
Reducing Cyber Risk in Enterprise Email Systems: It's Not Just Spam and PhishingNov 01, 2023
SecOps & DevSecOps in the CloudNov 06, 2023
What's In Your Cloud?Nov 30, 2023