Keep up with the latest cybersecurity threats, newly discovered vulnerabilities, data breach information, and emerging trends. Delivered daily or weekly right to your email inbox.
McAfee Outlines Strategy For Future Of Business Security
Security Connected platform delivers integrated management across mobile devices, endpoints, servers, and the network
January 22, 2013
5 Min Read
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--Jan. 21, 2013 – McAfee today announced its strategy for building upon Security Connected, the framework in which security products and services work together to safeguard businesses with better protection from new types of attacks. McAfee will expand its current broad portfolio through strategic acquisitions, development projects and key partnerships to deliver more integrated solutions and comprehensive protection across mobile devices, endpoints, servers, and network through an extensible framework.
When organizations deploy many separate technologies, gaps are created which lead to breaches and compliance violations and allows attacks to happen. Last year, attacks such as Flame and Shamoon exposed vulnerabilities in the point security product approach. Additionally, the biggest day-to-day cost driver for organizations is operations including managing multiple security consoles, numerous policies and rules, and constant updates. To tackle these inefficient silos, Security Connected delivers business efficiency, predictability and actionable information.
"Businesses are looking for integrated security solutions with built in intelligence and policies," said Chris Christiansen, program vice president, Security Products and Services group at IDC. "The changes in business today will require the move from simply securing components, to understanding and measuring the security of a business system as a whole."
"Security is now a boardroom level discussion," said Michael Fey, chief technology officer at McAfee. "The stakes are high, and businesses require a new model that gives them a comprehensive picture of their entire IT infrastructure. The industry has been built on a historical thought process that will not support the demands of the future. We must move to having a real-time understanding and response capability if we are to meet the needs of the future."
McAfee Security Connected brings network and endpoint together through an extensible framework, centralized management and integrated with global threat intelligence delivers unprecedented visibility across all threat vectors. At the core of McAfee Security Connected are the principles of integrated solutions, built-in intelligence, and advanced management offered with an extensible architecture for partners that no other vendor can provide.
· McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator platform – with over a decade of development, it is widely acknowledged as the most advanced and scalable security management software in the industry. McAfee has innovated and changed the market with the first enterprise management architecture, scaling to over 250,000 nodes from a single server, and running on over 60 million endpoints worldwide.
· McAfee Enterprise Security Manager - enables business with true, real-time situational awareness and the speed and scale required to identify critical threats, respond intelligently, and ensure continuous compliance monitoring. McAfee Enterprise Security Manager is built for big security data – featuring a specialized security information management back-end that delivers unsurpassed speed, intelligence and scalability.
There will be a major announcement in the coming weeks around McAfee security management solutions.
McAfee has the broadest portfolio of security solutions from devices to data to networks, supported by hardware-enhanced security and informed by global threat intelligence.
· McAfee Network Security will continue to be an important focus within Security Connected. McAfee offers market leading IPS, next generation firewall, DLP, Web and network email security with an optimized management platform for the world's most comprehensive network defense.
· McAfee Endpoint Security has redefined device security with integrated system security that includes virtualization security, mobile protection, endpoint email security, whitelisting technology and web safety, and protection below the OS to allow businesses to guard devices against the latest threats with fewer IT resources.
In Q1, McAfee will announce enhancements to build out its advanced malware protection offerings.
· McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (McAfee GTI) monitors the behavior of millions of Web sites globally and associated domain assets (email servers, file servers, etc.) to identify anomalous and potentially dangerous behavior. By establishing and tracking a reputation score for these millions of sites, McAfee GTI can identify new cyberthreats as they occur and empower McAfee endpoint, network, and gateway products to protect users from new and emerging threats. Only McAfee Global Threat Intelligence is capable of identifying and blocking threats emanating from file, web, email, and network sources.
· Hardware-Enhanced Security protects businesses from emerging stealthy and targeted attacks that take place below the operating system. Through innovation with Intel, McAfee Deep Defender and McAfee ePO Deep Command extend client security beyond the operating system.
McAfee is the only security vendor that has opened up its systems to connect with other vendors and has created a network of more than 150 partners integrating with the McAfee Security Connected framework. The McAfee Security Innovation Alliance is a program that allows businesses to evolve their solutions to meet changing needs with minimal cost and disruption. The partner ecosystem extends McAfee's security and compliance infrastructure into the areas that businesses care about most, from forensics to application security to power management. McAfee and its partners are working with businesses to develop solutions for the needs of today and the future.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com
You May Also Like
Your Everywhere Security guide: Four steps to stop cyberattacksFeb 27, 2024
Your Everywhere Security Guide: 4 Steps to Stop CyberattacksFeb 27, 2024
API Security: Protecting Your Application's Attack SurfaceFeb 29, 2024
API Security: Protecting Your Application's Attack SurfaceFeb 29, 2024
Securing the Software Development Life Cycle from Start to FinishMar 06, 2024
Laptop with ransomware, and bitcoin in the palm of a man's hand to illustrate ransomwareCyberattacks & Data Breaches