Keep up with the latest cybersecurity threats, newly discovered vulnerabilities, data breach information, and emerging trends. Delivered daily or weekly right to your email inbox.
Kaspersky Lab Rolls Out New Endpoint Solutions For Business
Solution offers deep protection, efficiency, and seamless manageability
February 1, 2013
8 Min Read
Woburn, MA – January 30, 2013 – Kaspersky Lab today unveiled its new generation of business security solutions designed to help businesses overcome the latest challenges in managing a secure, efficient network. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business, the company's new flagship security platform for businesses, was built to provide the industry's best protection from advanced malware and cybercrime, and also to combat another common enemy of IT security – complexity. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is the first true security platform built from the ground up, offering a business critical combination of deep protection, efficiency and seamless manageability.
New IT Department Realities
The fundamental mission of the IT Administrator hasn't changed much, but there are more obstacles along the way. Organizations of all sizes deal with these challenges, but small-to-midsized businesses and larger businesses with shrinking budgets suffer from an additional hurdle: lack of resources and expertise to manage these new demands.
In addition to sophisticated malware targeting businesses on a daily basis, IT Administrators must now account for new complexities that include:
· Smartphones and tablets used to access the company network from anywhere in the world
· Employees who wish to use their mobile devices and PCs to get their work done
· Confidential data moving freely within the company network, or outside of the network via laptops or USB thumb drives
· Finding and patching holes in user applications and operating systems
These new technology realities have left IT Administrators struggling with related security concerns, and in most cases, they are forced to evaluate, purchase, install and manage a new tool for each scenario. Mobile Device Management, Systems/Patch Management, Data Encryption and more--these new tools get cobbled together with existing anti-malware technologies, leaving IT Administrators with a network that's more complex to manage, but not necessarily more secure.
What's New and Improved in Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
The new challenges of organized cybercrime and a boom in employee-owned devices have made protecting business data tougher than ever. To simplify and secure business of all sizes, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business comes with a number of new and improved technologies that allow IT Administrators to See, Control, and Protect their network.
· Mobile Security and Device Management – Kaspersky Lab lets administrators secure and protect data, even on employees' own smartphones and tablets. Mobile endpoint protection can be deployed remotely through centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM).
· Data Encryption – Secure individual files, folders, or full-disks, with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256 bit encryption to ensure information remains secure in the event of accidental device loss or theft. Kaspersky Lab's new encryption technology can also be enforced on peripheral devices, removable drives, files, and folders, and is transparent to users and applications while rendering data unreadable to cybercriminals.
· Endpoint Control Tools – Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is designed to control application usage through policies and dynamic whitelisting. Administrators can also create custom policies around removable storage devices, USB storage devices and printers, and on-device web policies that ensure users browse the Internet safely whether on the corporate network or at home.
· Systems Management – An array of new systems configuration, deployment and management tools included in Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business makes time-consuming IT tasks like OS installation, network inventory, system provisioning, remote administration, network admission control (NAC) and license management both faster and less complex. Automated vulnerability scanning and patch management ensures users and administrators are always up-to-date and fully notified about critical security exposures.
· All managed from Kaspersky Lab's Security Center – The powerful administrative console unifies every aspect of Kaspersky Lab's endpoint, file server and virtual infrastructure protection under one "pane of glass."
· Industry-Leading Anti-Malware – Kaspersky Lab's proven blend of on-premise, proactive and cloud-based methods for detecting malware keeps users connected to the latest threats discovered by the company's team of experts. Kaspersky Lab's outstanding performance during independent evaluation throughout 2012 earned the company some of the highest accolades in the industry. In its year-end performance report, AV-Comparatives awarded Kaspersky Lab the highest overall score in its "Product of the Year" testing for the second consecutive year. AV-Test also gave its Best Protection Award and Best Repair Award for 2012 to Kaspersky Endpoint Security.
When analyzing all the tests conducted in recent years by independent firms including AV-Comparatives, AV-Test and more, the results show that Kaspersky Lab consistently achieves the industry's highest malware detection success rates, finishing in the Top 3 in more than 80% of all tests, more than 20% more frequently than the next closest competitor.
Customized and Scalable for Your Needs
The job of the IT Administrator is to build and maintain a network that allows its workers to be more productive; one that is stable enough to never fail but agile enough to incorporate the newest technologies and devices, and which operates within the budget constraints of management. But while these goals are consistent across all business types, no two organizations are the same. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business was built with the SMB in mind, offering premium protection technologies without the need for new budgets or manpower resources to manage them.
Available for purchase today in specialized bundles for businesses of all sizes, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a single, unified platform, created by Kaspersky Lab's engineers from a single code-base, which delivers protection in a way that other security products cannot. Through ONE platform, ONE console, and at ONE cost, IT Administrators can see, control and protect all systems and endpoints in the network, whether it's a PC down the hall, a virtual machine in another office, or a missing smartphone across the country.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is available in the following base configurations, which are modular and expandable to meet future needs:
· Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business: Select – includes Workstation & File Server Security, Application Control with Dynamic Whitelisting, Device Control, and Web Control. Also included is a mobile protection solution which consists of an endpoint security agent and Mobile Device Management (or MDM).
· Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business: Advanced – includes all technologies in Select configuration, with the addition of Encryption and Systems Management tools. If your business needs include remote deployment, Patch Management and Vulnerability Scanning, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Advanced is the solution for you.
· Kaspersky Total Security for Business – the flagship offering includes additional protection with the inclusion of infrastructure-level protection for Web, Mail, and Collaboration servers. From the endpoint all the way to the Internet gateway, you can protect it with Kaspersky Lab.
Many of these security and IT efficiency technologies are also available for purchase separately as Targeted Solutions. These individual offerings allow businesses to custom-design their protection scheme, placing Kaspersky Lab technology at specific points across their network as required.
Charles Kolodgy, Research Vice President - Secure Products
"Over the years Kaspersky Lab has steadily grown in both market sales and in technical capabilities. Last year's overhaul of the company's Endpoint Security offerings signaled that Kaspersky Lab was ready to compete for deals of all sizes. By offering critical capabilities like data encryption, mobile protection, and full system security management, Kaspersky Lab is poised to be a contender in almost all purchase considerations."
Eugene Kaspersky, Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder,
"We've entered the age of high-profile targeted attacks, with sophisticated espionage tools becoming more and more widespread. Cyber-espionage is becoming the most serious threat there is for businesses, and just about any enterprise can be attacked, regardless of its size or market share. All organizations have data that's valuable to cybercriminals, which in turn can be used as 'back stairs' to reach other companies. An intrusion may come either from a cybercriminal seeking personal enrichment, or a nation state looking to steal proprietary or classified information. Every decision maker should keep all this in mind when building a company's IT security infrastructure."
Petr Merkulov, Chief Product Officer,
"The new Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business a true testament to the dedication of our brilliant teams of R&D and Security Research. In an industry where acquisition and consolidation has become the norm, building these technologies from the ground-up was certainly not the easiest path, but in the end, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is the best possible protection for our customers."
Steve Orenberg, President
Kaspersky Lab North America
"Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business will show IT managers that a security solution is more than the sum of its components, and that a well-designed and fully-integrated solution not only makes sense for their bottom line, but also brings better protection to their organization. For the past several years, all the independent tests and industry analysis have shown Kaspersky Lab has solidified its position as a leader in the North American IT industry, and we're confident Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business demonstrates to Enterprises and SMBs alike that we remain at the forefront of security technology."
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the world's largest privately held vendor of endpoint protection solutions. The company is ranked among the world's top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users*. Throughout its 15-year history Kaspersky Lab has remained an innovator in IT security and provides effective digital security solutions for consumers, SMBs and enterprises. The company currently operates in almost 200 countries and territories across the globe, providing protection for over 300 million users worldwide. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.
You May Also Like
Your Everywhere Security guide: Four steps to stop cyberattacksFeb 27, 2024
Your Everywhere Security Guide: 4 Steps to Stop CyberattacksFeb 27, 2024
API Security: Protecting Your Application's Attack SurfaceFeb 29, 2024
API Security: Protecting Your Application's Attack SurfaceFeb 29, 2024
Securing the Software Development Life Cycle from Start to FinishMar 06, 2024