Keep up with the latest cybersecurity threats, newly discovered vulnerabilities, data breach information, and emerging trends. Delivered daily or weekly right to your email inbox.
Endpoint protection solution goes beyond just traditional antivirus
October 16, 2009
4 Min Read
SANTA CLARA, Calif., " October 13, 2009 " McAfee, Inc. (NYSE: MFE) today announced that it has expanded its endpoint protection products for the Apple Macintosh platform. With the release of McAfee' Endpoint Protection for Mac, McAfee delivers a comprehensive endpoint protection solution that goes beyond just traditional anti-virus. This solution supports Apple's latest Snow Leopard release of Mac OS X, in addition to Leopard and Tiger.
In addition to the traditionally strong markets such as higher education there has been significant growth in the number of Macs being deployed by enterprise customers and government agencies. This growth raises the profile of the Mac as a target platform for malware, viruses, spyware, phishing attacks and exploits. As a result, IT is demanding to have the ability to protect and manage security on Mac endpoints just as they do Windows endpoints. McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac lowers operational management costs by using a single integrated management platform for both Mac and Windows endpoints, and provides a truly integrated security solution.
"The demand for Macintosh in the enterprise is steadily growing, yet organizations are either not using any security technology for these endpoints, or they are using a standalone, non-manageable anti-virus protection solution," said Peter Lincoln, IT director at Aquent. "We have to ensure that all our endpoints meet our security compliance requirements no matter what operating system they are running. The use of McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac enables us to have complete protection on all our endpoints. Using the same integrated management console also allows us to lower our operational cost and ensure security and compliance."
McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac Features:
* Single Integrated Management " Use of the same console to manage Mac and Windows endpoints, while ePolicy Orchestrator's powerful reporting enables at-a-glance security reporting.
* Anti-Virus " The always-on protection and on-access scanning provide immediate protection from viruses, worms, Trojans and other malware plus provides selective scanning functions to improve system performance.
* Anti-Spyware " The extensive database of known spyware and unwanted programs enables the neutralization of spyware before it self-installs and spreads - potentially stealing personal information.
* Application Protection " Provides the ability to deny and control applications that can run on a Mac and prevents malicious programs from modifying existing applications.
* System Firewall " The inbound firewall stops network-based attacks from getting to the Mac, and the outbound firewall prevents spyware and other data-stealing programs from sending personal data to cyber criminals.
* Mac OS X Support " This solution supports Apple's latest Snow Leopard release of Mac OS X, in addition to Leopard and Tiger.
McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac is available now.
The information contained in this document is for informational purposes only and should not be deemed an offer by McAfee or create an obligation on McAfee. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed to be "forward-looking statements" under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to, statements relating to the security software industry and McAfee's strategies, competitive market position, and products and technologies including the release date of new products and technologies and statements. These forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions which may cause our results, performance and achievements to differ materially from those expressed, including that McAfee may experience delays in product development or the release of previously announced products. McAfee reserves the right to discontinue products at any time, add or subtract features or functionality, or modify its products, at its sole discretion, without notice and without incurring further obligations. The forward-looking statements contained in this release are also subject to the risks and uncertainties more fully described in McAfee's filings with the SEC. McAfee does not undertake to update any forward looking statements.
About McAfee, Inc.
McAfee, Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee is committed to relentlessly tackling the world's toughest security challenges. The company delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the web more securely. Backed by an award-winning research team, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. http://www.mcafee.com
You May Also Like
A screen displaying many different types of charts and graphs to show what data is being analyzed.Cybersecurity Analytics