Authentic8 Enhances Silo for Enterprise Information Security ResearchersAuthentic8 Enhances Silo for Enterprise Information Security Researchers
Authentic8 Enhances Silo for Enterprise Information Security Researchers
October 23, 2014
Mountain View, CA -- October 23, 2014 -- Authentic8, maker of Silo, the cloud-based secure browser for business, has expanded its product capabilities to include resources designed for information security research, incident response, emergency readiness, anti-fraud, and more. Where Silo is designed to control the use of web-based services by executing in a sandbox and implementing data-level policy controls, the new configuration, called Toolbox, brings the same isolation but includes features necessary for researchers to do their jobs more securely.
An early step in the information security research process is to access web content using the browser. Teams need to connect, download or store content, and perform analysis of malicious web code. And whether the user is a law enforcement agent or a compliance agent at a company, they need to conduct this research without exposing their environment to malware or revealing their identity. Toolbox is designed for this.
· Toolbox is a browser built on demand at session start and destroyed at session end. This ensures that there is no data residue session over session.
· The browser executes in a sandbox on Authentic8’s servers, creating a perfect insulation layer between target web code and the researchers network and device.
· Toolbox includes a temporary file system that allows data to be downloaded within the sandbox to be analyzed, manipulated, or uploaded to other web-based services.
· Researchers can spoof different browsers and devices in order to analyze various types of web code the target server delivers.
· Toolbox can be configured to exit to the Internet from different international locations via Authentic8’s private global network of exit nodes. This means that a researcher can work safely at their desk, while appearing to be a local computer on the other side of the world.
· Researchers can run multiple configurations of the Toolbox browser in a single Silo session, meaning that researchers conduct research processes in parallel, rather than a dedicated machine model.
The combination of these functions make Toolbox an ideal on-demand, secure, and anonymous research tool. Using Toolbox frees teams from the current pain of re-imaging dedicated systems, setting up private sub-networks, or implementing costly and dangerous local sandbox solutions.
“Our customers are constantly pulling Silo into new business processes. By moving the browser to the cloud and by extending the environment with a policy and configuration capability, our customers have embraced Silo across industries and roles,” says Scott Petry, co-founder and CEO of Authentic8. “These enhancements for infosec researchers are a direct response to the needs of our users. Silo is a platform and we will continue to enhance and extend its capabilities.”
“Our team has been using Toolbox for a while. The ability to launch a browser instance, use it, and then throw it away without burdening the local system is key,” said Neill Feather, President of SiteLock. “Unlike local sandboxing alternatives, we’re able conduct our research without compromising our local environment and without tipping our hand to the bad guys.”
Toolbox is available now as a configuration of Silo. Pricing starts at $15 per user, per month. See a video of Toolbox in action at http://go.authentic8.com/toolbox.
Founded in 2010 by principals from Postini, Authentic8 has redefined how the browser is secured and controlled. Silo, our flagship product, is a cloud-based secure browser. Silo secures access to sensitive sites, creating an insulation layer between the computer and the web service. Silo helps manage login credentials, access controls, and data use policies. Silo is built fresh at session start, and destroyed at session end, ensuring that users remain secure, compliant, and anonymous online. Silo is covered by US patents. Try Silo risk free at www.authentic8.com.
Tricks to Boost Your Threat Hunting GameNov 06, 2023
Hacking Your Digital Identity: How Cybercriminals Can and Will Get Around Your Authentication MethodsOct 26, 2023
Modern Supply Chain Security: Integrated, Interconnected, and Context-DrivenNov 06, 2023
How to Combat the Latest Cloud Security ThreatsNov 06, 2023
Reducing Cyber Risk in Enterprise Email Systems: It's Not Just Spam and PhishingNov 01, 2023
Passwords Are Passe: Next Gen Authentication Addresses Today's Threats
How to Deploy Zero Trust for Remote Workforce Security
What Ransomware Groups Look for in Enterprise Victims
Concerns Mount Over Ransomware, Zero-Day Bugs, and AI-Enabled Malware
Securing the Remote Worker: How to Mitigate Off-Site Cyberattacks