SEATTLE -- SSL VPN leader Aventail today announced Aventail ST2+, the most recent release of its award-winning SSL VPN remote access platform. Innovative new features include the markets fastest, most comprehensive end point checking and the first integrated professional reporting solution for usage and user tracking. Aventail ST2+ is the only SSL VPN with official support for the new and popular Microsoft IE7 browser.
With Aventail ST2+s new features and its support for Microsofts Internet Explorer 7, Aventail was the only choice for our remote access control, said Thu Dang, senior engineer at Siemens. Aventail provides us with the best SSL VPN solution on the market, hands down.
The key new benefits of ST2+ include:
- Advanced End Point Control (EPC) for the industrys fastest comprehensive end point health checking. ST2+ adds support for checking 100+ additional versions of end point security products such as antivirus, anti-spyware, and personal firewall, as well as simplified administration of end point checking configuration. With Aventails unique architecture, Aventails Advanced EPC runs four times faster than its major competitors. This faster end point scanning lets organizations benefit from increased security, while enhancing end user experience.
- Advanced Reporting for detailed, customized reports on user logons and behavior. This module is an integrated, professional reporting package that is scalable for a global enterprise and localization-ready.
- New Virtual Keyboard for additional protection from keystroke loggers and identity theft. An end user can now enter his authentication credentials via a virtual keyboard when in an untrusted environment such as a kiosk.
- Microsoft IE7 support for uninterrupted access from millions of devices running Internet Explorer 7. With IE7 having gone into Windows XP Automatic Update mode on November 1st, millions of users are being automatically updated to IE7, and it is imperative that their VPN continue to work. Aventail is the only SSL VPN vendor in the marketplace supporting Microsoft IE7 today.
- Advanced Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Support for increased leverage of an organizations AD implementation. ST2+ adds support for searching AD for nested groups, for example. Aventails SSL VPN can integrate and leverage all the directory structure that an organization has implemented in AD.
"With this release of the updated ST2+, Aventail continues to lead the market with the easiest secure remote access controller on the market," said Chris Witeck, Director Product Marketing, Aventail. "Being the first SSL VPN to bring innovative security features to the market and to support IE7 is just what our customers have come to expect from the best-of-breed technology leader."