SOMERSET, N.J. -- AEP Networks today announced general availability of its application-layer security gateway product, AEP SmartGate, which is now shipping with Release 5.1, a software enhancement that incorporates advances in file access and support for wireless mobile devices.
AEP SmartGate is an identity-based application layer security gateway designed for large-scale, distributed, information-sharing environments. SmartGate, a FIPS 140-2 certified solution, enables organizations to securely exchange information with employees, customers and business partners over any IP-based infrastructure. Advanced features enable federated identity, strong authentication, and control of access privileges across trusted organizations.
SmartGate Release 5.1 includes several upgrades such as:
- Support for wireless mobile devices The SmartPass client now supports PocketPC 2005 and Windows Mobile 5 using the popular Opera browser.
- Extended ability to support file access via NetBIOS support in the Windows SmartPass Client This provides secure access to network resources such as shared drives on Windows platforms (Drive Mapping and File Sharing).
- Unpublished Server Access Permissions This provides inside-out access control by forcing all user traffic to route via the SmartGate server to get outside the network.
- Backup proxy server SmartPass alternate proxy server lets an administrator define redundant SmartGate proxy servers for access to any target application (for full redundancy).
- Licensing Options Concurrent User licensing for SmartGate is now available, in addition to Named Seats (both types of licensing are supported).