SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 30, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), the worldwide nonprofit organization focused on improving the security of software, today announced the event details and keynote speaker lineup for AppSec USA 2018. AppSec USA 2018 is a four-day conference for security professionals, software developers, technology innovators and C-suite executives to gain insight into leading web application security tools and education.
Hands-on workshops, keynote speakers and thought-provoking sessions will provide attendees with best practices and tips and spotlight industry hot topics including: privacy, secure development, security assessment, mobile security, browser security, OWASP tools or projects in practice, secure coding, container security and ethical hacking. View the entire schedule on the conference website.
The conference will be held from October 8-12 at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, Calif.
Keynote Speaker Details:
- Who: Michael Coates
- Bio: Coates is the CEO & co-founder of Altitude Networks. Previously, Coates was the chief information security officer at Twitter. He has also served for six years on the OWASP global board of directors, three of those years as the chairman.
- When: Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 9:00 - 9:45 a.m. PT
- Topic: (in)Security is Eating the World; Speed and Autonomy is Our Only Hope for Defense
- Who: Dr. Chenxi Wang
- Bio: Dr. Wang is the founder and general partner of Rain Capital, an early stage cyber security-focused venture fund, and vice chair for the Board of Director of OWASP. Previously, she was the co-founder of the Jane Bond Project, a cyber security consultancy.
- When: Friday, October 12, 2018 from 9 - 9:45 a.m. PT
- Topic: Defensible Application Security for the Artificial Intelligence Era
- Who: Armon Dadgar
- Bio: As a co-founder and CTO of HashiCorp, Dadgar brings his interest in practical applications of security and distributed systems to real problems into the world of DevOps tooling.
- When: Friday, October 12, 2018 from 3:30 - 4:15 p.m. PT
- Topic: Making Security Approachable for Developers and Operators
To participate in AppSec USA 2018, please register here. For more information about AppSec USA 2018, please visit the website.
Facebook: OWASP on Facebook
YouTube: OWASP on YouTube
The OWASP Foundation was founded in 2001 and was established as a nonprofit organization in the United States in 2004 to ensure the ongoing availability and support for our work at OWASP. OWASP is an international organization and the OWASP Foundation supports OWASP efforts around the world. OWASP is an open community dedicated to enabling organizations to conceive, develop, acquire, operate, and maintain applications that can be trusted. All of the OWASP tools, documents, forums and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security. We advocate approaching application security as a people, process, and technology problem because the most effective approaches to application security include improvements in all of these areas. We can be found at www.owasp.org.
415-963-4174 ext. 26