SAN FRANCISCO –July 28, 2015 – The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), the worldwide nonprofit organization focused on improving the security of software, today announced the final agenda for this years AppSec USA along with addition of new Lightning Trainings that will enable attendees to learn about the latest in Web application security during short, daily sessions. The four-day conference in San Francisco will be the home to the world’s leading security experts in Web applications from Sept. 22-25 and will focus on new research on devops, cloud and application security.
AppSec USA 2015 conference highlights include:
· Keynotes/Talks: Keynotes will include talks by Microsoft MVP for Developer Security Troy Hunt, Facebook CSO Alex Stamos and Department of Homeland Security Chief Cybersecurity Officer Dr Phyllis Schneck. Individual security talks from more than 40 security experts will range from the state of the application security landscape to specifics such as how stay secure from threats ranging from botnets to malvertising.
· Trainings: General training sessions will come in two formats—one-day and two-day sessions. Trainings will include, “Malware Crash Course,” “OWASP Top 10-Exploitation and Effective Safeguards,” “Hands-on Auditing of the OWASP Application Security Verification Standard,” and more. Separate registration is required for trainings.
· Lightning Training: The newest addition to AppSec USA, Lightning trainings are one hour open source and free training sessions that run alongside the conference talks on Thursday, Sept 24 and Friday, Sept 25. Lightning trainings are included with general conference admission. The goal of lightning trainings is to teach students a new skill within one hour through hands-on exercises. Sessions include “Using the OWASP Benchmark to Assess Automated Vulnerability Analysis Tools,” “Security Testing for Enterprise Messaging Applications,” and “The Bug Hunter’s Methodology.”
· Career Fair: Hiring? Job searching? AppSec USA will provide the opportunity to network and find your next gig or next great hire at its career fair. More than 20 companies are participating including Netflix, Twitter, Airbnb, Palantir, LinkedIn, NetSuite, MobileIron and Tableau.
· Dinner Cruise: AppSec will also include a special offsite dinner aboard the San Francisco Belle. Tickets are limited and will be distributed in-person on a first-come first-serve basis at the registration desk during the conference.
· What: The premier application security conference for developers, security experts and technologists to discuss approaches to secure web applications
· When: Tuesday, Sept. 22 - Friday, Sept. 25, 2015
· Where: Hyatt Regency San Francisco, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111
o Tuesday, Sept. 22: Two-day trainings
o Wednesday, Sept. 23: Two-day trainings and One-day trainings
o Thursday, Sept. 24: Keynotes, Conference Talks, Lightning trainings, Fireside Chats and Career Fair
o Friday, Sept. 25: Keynotes, Conference Talks and Lightning trainings
To participate in AppSec USA 2015, please register here. Discounted prices are available for early bird purchase. For more information about AppSec USA 2015, please visit the website.
The OWASP Foundation was founded in 2001 and was established as a nonprofit organization in the United States in 2004 to ensure the ongoing availability and support for our work at OWASP. OWASP is an international organization and the OWASP Foundation supports OWASP efforts around the world. OWASP is an open community dedicated to enabling organizations to conceive, develop, acquire, operate, and maintain applications that can be trusted. All of the OWASP tools, documents, forums and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security. We advocate approaching application security as a people, process, and technology problem because the most effective approaches to application security include improvements in all of these areas. We can be found at www.owasp.org.
415-963-4174 ext. 26