As today's Internet giants break the barrier for speed and scale of development of systems, their teams are increasingly tasked with building home-brewed security systems that can help them develop and manage their systems securely without missing a beat. In the end, the entire security community is benefitting from a lot of these investments, as many of these firms make these tools available through open-source projects. Over the past few years, some very useful tools have come from the security and engineering teams at Facebook, Twitter, Google, Netflix, Etsy, and even AOL.
10 Cool Security Tools Open-Sourced By The Internet's Biggest Innovators
Google, Facebook, Netflix, and others have all offered up tools they've developed in-house to the community at large.
- Developing an Effective Threat Intelligence Program for Your Enterprise
- 2021 DDoS Attack Trends: Year in Review
- Beyond Patch Management: Next-Generation Approaches to Finding and Fixing Vulnerable Code
- Best Practices for Extending Identity & Access Management to the Cloud
- Beyond Passwords: New Thinking and Strategies for Authentication