"CISOs can spend countless hours searching through thousands, if not millions, of vulnerabilities from web apps, servers, databases, network devices or even source code trying to understand what to fix first," said Ed Bellis, Risk I/O Cofounder and CEO. "Risk I/O now sources and correlates real-time attack data from a growing list of external threat feeds like AlienVault to help businesses hone in on their vulnerabilities most likely to be exploited. By prioritizing the vulnerabilities most critical to your organization, Risk I/O helps security teams save time and quickly reduce the risk exposure."
The core of Risk I/O's vulnerability intelligence platform is its processing engine, which cross-references an organization's own vulnerability data and remediation priorities against data from thousands of other Risk I/O users, publicly available vulnerability repositories, and now attack data. Risk I/O processes more than 30 million vulnerabilities a day.
With its latest release, Risk I/O prioritizes vulnerabilities on four key factors:
● Exploitation Risk – Using attack data from third-party contributors, such as AlienVault Open Threat Exchange, Risk I/O identifies patterns that indicate the ongoing exploitation of particular vulnerabilities worldwide, prioritizing those vulnerabilities that have above average or increasing exploit traffic thus posing a higher risk to the organization. Exploitation risk is also assessed by industry, so an organization can understand where its peers have been attacked and adjust remediation activities accordingly.
● Trending Vulnerabilities – Risk I/O cross-references vulnerability data against the most high-velocity vulnerabilities as observed across all 5,000 Risk I/O users and within publicly available vulnerability databases such as RiskDB, The National Vulnerability Database, The Web Applications Security Consortium, The Exploit Database, SHODAN, and The Metasploit Project;
● Remediation Impact – Vulnerabilities with identified patches are prioritized for remediation based on the overall reduction in risk posture that is realized by the remediation efforts;
● Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) User-Set Priority Scores – Vulnerabilities surfaced in the Risk I/O vulnerability intelligence platform are automatically prioritized by high CVSS scores and the organization's own priority scores.
"At AlienVault, we strongly believe the only way the security industry can defend against attacks is by maintaining a steady exchange of intelligence and information," said Roger Thornton, CTO of AlienVault. "By integrating the AlienVault Open Threat Exchange&trade (OTX) with the real-time correlation of Risk I/O's vulnerability intelligence platform, organizations not only have access to the broadest community sourced threat data but can better prioritize their vulnerabilities in real-time against industry peers and get unprecedented insight into where they are most likely to be attacked."
Risk I/O's vulnerability intelligence platform aggregates and prioritizes vulnerability data from more than 20 of the most widely-deployed security assessment technologies to provide enterprises with a single view of their security risk. By integrating with the top bug fix and ticketing systems, Risk I/O enables organizations to collaborate on vulnerability remediation.
Gartner Research Director, Anton Chuvakin recently noted in a blog post that, "Vulnerability prioritization for remediation presents THE critical problem to many organizations operating the scanning tools. The volume of data from enterprises scanning for vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses is growing due to both additional network segments and new assets types."
To learn more about Risk I/O's vulnerability intelligence platform visit: http://www.risk.io.
● Sign up for Risk I/O
● Learn more about Risk I/O
● Follow Risk I/O on Twitter
About Risk I/O
Risk I/O is the first vulnerability intelligence platform. Delivered via SaaS, Risk I/O aggregates and prioritizes vulnerability data from over 20 of the most widely-deployed security assessment technologies to provide enterprises with a single view of their security risk. By integrating with the top bug fix and ticketing systems, Risk I/O enables organizations to collaborate on vulnerability remediation. Its precognition capabilities leverage predictive, big data analytics to foresee where an organization is most likely to be breached. Risk I/O is used by over 5,000 businesses, including many in the Fortune 100. Backed by US Ventures Partners, Tugboat Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, and Hyde Park Angels, Risk I/O is headquartered in Chicago, IL. For more information, visit http://www.risk.io.