Tech Center Vulnerability Management
Dark Reading's Vulnerability Management Tech Center is your portal to all the news, product information, best practices, and other data related to detecting and remediating security vulnerabilities. Written for those who must find and fix enterprise security vulnerabilities, the Vulnerability Management Tech Center is your guide to the latest tools and techniques for preventing security breaches, as well as best practices for responding to new vulnerability discoveries.
With employees bringing their smartphones and tablets into the workplace, companies need to work to limit the threat posed by mobile applications
Attempts to shut down botnets have often failed to cripple the networks, but have led to improved legal strategies, greater public awareness, and stronger links between researchers and law enforcement
Speakers, experts at AppSec conference say periodic scanning for application vulnerabilities is no longer enough
With employees using hundreds of cloud services, companies need a greater ability to monitor the services for anomalous activities
Researcher finds that the top 20 crime packs copy exploit code from security researchers and sophisticated attackers, but doing away with public disclosure is no solution
- Adobe Source Code Theft Unlikely To Cause Spike In Exploits
- Securing More Vulnerabilities By Patching Less
- Choosing, Managing, And Evaluating A Penetration Testing Service
- HP Portal Crowdsources Security Threat Intelligence
- Fast Scanning To Fuel 'Golden Age' Of Global Flaw Finding
By The Numbers
Top 5 Vulnerabilities Found With Dynamic Analysis
The top 5 vulnerabilities discovered in dynamic analysis tests of applications in 2012. Supporting the results, cross-site scripting flaws were the most popular type of vulnerability HP’s Zero-Day Initiative purchased.
Around the Web
- IaaS On A Budget: Working With Low-Cost Virtual Asset Inventory Tools
- New Year's Resolutions For Cyber Security
- SMBs Beware: Researchers Uncover Cloud Browser Vulnerability
- Threat Of The Month: Virtualized Application Vulnerabilities
- Will Standardizing On A Single Browser Today Help Keep It Costs At Bay?