Tech Center Threat Intelligence
Dark Reading's Threat Intelligence Tech Center is your source for information, best practices, and insight on collecting and analyzing data on emerging cybersecurity threats. Written for those who track and evaluate new vulnerabilities and exploits, the Threat Intelligence Tech Center is designed to provide in-depth news and perspective on the process of detecting and analyzing new threats as well as on strategies for defending against them.
Customers can DDoS a website for as little as $10, Vigilant by Deloitte speaker will tell Black Hat audience.
New, free CrowdResponse platform will be Swiss army knife for incident response, CrowdStrike says
Breaches at Target and other retailers sound the alarm for retail industry to establish a cyber-threat Information-Sharing and Analysis Center
Researchers discover zero-day attacks after studying the contents of various "Dr. Watson" error reports
Officials from the FBI, Netherlands, Interpol, and other agencies on the fight to track and catch cybercriminals around the globe
Working in isolation disrupts -- but doesn't wipe out -- malware
- RSA Conference Controversy Swirls, Spurs Debate Over Boycotts
- Threat Intel To Deliver Some Benefits To Cyberinsurance
- From Event Gatherers To Network Hunters
- To Determine Threat Level, Context Matters
- Security Ratings Proliferate As Firms Seek Better Intel
By The Numbers
While almost a third of large companies with revenues of $100 million or more spend at least 50 hours a month on identifying the attack characteristics of malware, the majority spend far less time. While having the specialized talent to conduct such research is desirable, it's also less efficient and shows a distrust of current antivirus software and other defensive technologies.
Source: CounterTack's "A Cyber-readiness Reality Check" report
Around the Web
- When Big Data Platforms Make Sense (And When They Don't) - InformationWeek Conference
- Keynote Speaker: Michelle McKenna-Doyle, CIO, NFL - InformationWeek Conference
- The CIO & CMO -- Adversaries No More - Interop Las Vegas
- Explore SIP Trunking @ Enterprise Connect March 17- 20 - Enterprise Connect
- Managing & Securing Converged Networks @ Enterprise Connect | 3/17-3/20 - Enterprise Connect