Sophos Unveils Thirteen IT Security Trends For 2013Report provides baseline of what all organizations should be prepared for in coming year
BOSTON, MA – December 21, 2012 – Sophos has released its Thirteen Trends for 2013 report, developed by James Lyne, director of technology strategy. Lyne anticipates the IT security industry will experience a continuation of trends present in 2012, and this report provides a baseline of what all organizations should be prepared for in the coming year.
Trends for 2013:
1. Attack toolkits will continue to proliferate
2. The modernization and hardening of operating systems
3. Cloud-based malware testing will change the threat protection model
4. An increased focus on layered security
5. One step forward, two steps back in technology adoption
6. Mobile attacks will become more advanced
7. Web servers will be back in the crosshairs
8. Further integration of devices, applications and networks
9. Increasingly diverse business models and irreversible malware
10. Skills problem will become more apparent
11. Cyber criminal anti-forensics will become more prevalent
12. More advanced hacktivism and political debate
13. Arguments will continue over big data vs. analytics and confusion
For more information about each trend, please see the full report on the Sophos website here.
Sophos recently released its Security Threat Report 2013, a comprehensive assessment of IT security happenings in 2012, including a look ahead at what's expected in 2013 including trends from bring your own device (BYOD) to the increasing adoption of and uncertainty around the cloud to countless other security challenges faced by organizations of all sizes. The full report is available for download here.
More than 100 million users in 150 countries rely on Sophos' complete security solutions as the best protection against complex threats and data loss. Simple to deploy, manage, and use, Sophos' award-winning encryption, endpoint security, web, email, mobile and network security solutions are backed by SophosLabs - a global network of threat intelligence centers.
Sophos is headquartered in Boston, US and Oxford, UK. More information is available at www.sophos.com.