Lookingglass Expands Threat Intelligence Capabilities
Unveils new version of ScoutVision
Arlington, VA – December 3, 2013 – Lookingglass Cyber Solutions, the leader in cyber threat intelligence management, announced today innovative workflow and data integration enhancements to its flagship product, ScoutVision&trade, that will enable organizations to effectively leverage threat intelligence throughout their security infrastructures. With an updated interface, ScoutVision now empowers users to manage threat intelligence more efficiently through new Cyber Heads up Display (CyberHUD) capabilities, including streamlined alert monitoring and a watchlist style interface, as well as the availability of expanded integration with existing, validated threat sources.
ScoutVision, Lookingglass' Cyber Threat Intelligence Monitoring and Management Platform, connects, collects and processes all-source cyber threat indicators and intelligence. It then offers threat, risk and security teams a workspace to research, manage and monitor meaningful developments in cyber activity and infrastructure that affect enterprise risk. Furthermore, organizations can extend this capability into their existing security investments through the platform's robust Application Programming Interface (API). The latest version of ScoutVision offers broader capability, scale and system wide integration improving the overall collection, exploitation and workflow.
More Security Insights
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service
- Cloud for Business Managers in Midsize Organisations: the Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- Client Windows Migration: Expert Tips for Application Readiness
- Deeper Network Security: Protection Tips Revealed
Key ScoutVision feature enhancements include:
· New Cyber Heads up Display (CyberHUD) Behavior – CyberHUD now provides a "watchlist" style, alerting interface. New indicators added into a monitored network space will be highlighted for the user. Users will also be able to "clear" the watchlist as they vet and address the events that caused an alert situation.
· Communications Page Redesign – Simplified and new paging and sorting functions of telemetry and log data to assist users with reduction and prioritization.
· Bulk import - Users can now bulk import and tag thousands of IP addresses directly via the user interface (UI). This allows users who wish to tag large sets but do not want to do command line scripting to quickly import data sets they have in other systems/formats.
· Streamlined User Interface (UI) – Updated look and feel adapted to user's task focused workflow to make it easy to navigate across network elements.
· Highly Scalable Collection & Exploitation Architecture – The new architecture enables faster database writes and includes supports metadata for collection sources.
· Historical Timestamps – Provides 90-days of historical indicators associated with specific network entities to track threat activity and observe changes that occur over time.
· Premium Indicator Sources – New data relationships enable expanded integration with trusted industry threat sources available through a single analyst workspace.
· Collaboration – Improved project import/export functionality enables sharing of information between Lookingglass customers.
· Domains - Users can now directly associate tags to fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) directly via the UI.
· Indicator and Tag History – The system displays a minimum of 90-days of indicators and/or user tags associated with a network element over time.
· Unannounced Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDRs) Ranges - Users can tag unannounced CIDR ranges to monitor for threat data aggregated for unannounced IP address space.
"Our latest release was driven by our customers' input and necessary architecture changes to support our future roadmap," said Chris Coleman, Lookingglass president and chief executive officer. "These improvements to our intelligence processing architecture, data persistence and intelligence navigator bring effective and efficient threat data and threat intelligence management and monitoring to our clients."
ScoutVision provides a global view into the Internet and transforms threat data into threat knowledge. This information is essential for threat intelligence, risk managers, and security operations teams to identify, understand, manage and prioritize cyber threats within and beyond the enterprise perimeter. ScoutVision offers continuous monitoring capabilities that alert customers to the presence of threats within networks that are relevant to their organization and ecosystem while delivering aggregated, contextualized threat intelligence. Rather than being tied to the antiquated 'stop any and all security events' mindset, customers can rapidly determine the relevance of threats and more effectively focus resources, thereby adopting a new cyber security risk approach that tightly aligns business needs with operational realities. The value of data can only be realized through rigorous collection, processing and normalization. ScoutVision tackles this challenge, and focuses on transforming threat data into information and knowledge.
Lookingglass Cyber Solutions is the world leader in threat intelligence monitoring and management enabling global cyber threat visibility. With its ScoutVisionTM and CloudScoutTM products, Lookingglass delivers a threat intelligence monitoring and management workspace to continuously monitor threats far and near, such as the presence of botnets, hosts associated with cybercriminal networks, unexpected route changes and the loss of network resiliency. Lookingglass' outside-in approach accounts for a client's entire enterprise cyber ecosystem including the extended enterprise, and other networks beyond their control. This visibility brings an unprecedented view to help organizations understand their risks and enable a more proactive approach to the management of their overall security posture. For more information, visit www.LGScout.com.