NCP Engineering Adds Ellipic Curve Crypto To Windows VPN Client And Gateway
New versions designed to help enterprise customers yield higher level of security
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--August 21, 2013--NCP engineering today announced that it has made new versions of its Windows-compatible IPsec VPN client suite and hybrid IPsec / SSL VPN gateway available to the channel. The key features in version 9.32 of the NCP Secure Enterprise Client and version 8.11 of the NCP Secure Enterprise VPN Server were designed to help enterprise customers yield a higher level of security, while ensuring maximum performance during remote access sessions.
NCP's VPN client suite and gateway now come equipped with support for elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) to safeguard VPN connections. Public-key cryptography based on EEC currently offer both, higher security and better performance compared to RSA. ECC is supported for certificate based authentication using PKCS#12, PKCS#11 (e.g. TCOS 3.0 V2 SmartCards) and CSP (CNG).
More Security Insights
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service
- Cloud for Business Managers in Midsize Organisations: the Good, the Bad & the Ugly
- Client Windows Migration: Expert Tips for Application Readiness
- Deeper Network Security: Protection Tips Revealed
To further boost remote access performance, the NCP Secure Enterprise VPN Server offers optimized multi-processor support. Beta customers that tested this functionality have doubled throughput and seen CPU utilization decrease by 5% on average. In addition, IT administrators can centrally manage the NCP Secure Enterprise Clients with NCP's remote access management system, and prioritize employees' connections when remote access to the corporate network is at maximum capacity.
· The NCP Secure Enterprise Client removes all complexity for IT administrators as well as end users. Every access point to the Internet becomes a secure point of entry into the organization's network. All security settings and configurations, such as firewall settings, device compatibility, connection negotiations or policy requirements, are handled automatically.
· Version 9.32 of the IPsec VPN client suite is compatible with Microsoft Windows 8.1 and is optimized for IKEv2 policy configuration. Plus, in locations with poor wireless reception, even though it may look like a connection is established, NCP's technology checks to ensure that data is actually transferred across the tunnel.
· The NCP Secure Enterprise Server supports both the IPsec and SSL protocols to meet enterprises' unique requirements, and its modular software architecture and high scalability provides flexibility in setting up a remote access network. The hybrid VPN gateway can sustain more than 10,000 concurrent connections, offers high availability to maintain network performance and can be a multi-tenant solution. Version 8.11 is compatible with Windows Server 2012, offers IPv6 connectivity and features a new graphical user interface.
· The NCP Secure Enterprise Server also now contains a virtual network interface adapter, which is particularly important for cloud and Software as a Service (SaaS) provider environments. It can completely seal off data communication from the gateway operator and surrounding operating systems, and better protect it by decrypting the data, automatically forwarding it into a different VPN tunnel and re-encrypting it.
· For more about NCP engineering and its remote access VPN solutions, please visit www.ncp-e.com.
· Reach NCP engineering on its blog, VPN Haus, or on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter.
NCP engineering, security, remote access, IPsec, SSL, VPN, NCP Secure Enterprise Client, NCP Secure Enterprise Server, Windows 8.1, enterprise, channel, performance, elliptical curve cryptography, encryption, VPN client, VPN gateway, mobile, wireless, network, ECC, IPv6, cloud, SaaS, remote access management, VPN tunnel
About NCP engineering
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff.
NCP's award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPsec / SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company's products support organizations with complex remote user needs, and that want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.
With global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and North American headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 35,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers. For more information, visit www.ncp-e.com.