Tech Center Authentication
Dark Reading's Authentication Tech Center is your portal to all the news, product information, technical data, and other information related to the topic of computer user authentication and certification. Written for executives and businesspeople as well as security and IT professionals, the AuthenticationTech Center is a single community dedicated to a single idea: ensuring that computer users are who they say they are.
Phone will be second means of verifying user identity, Twitter says
After years of relying on passwords, technology vendors -- and enterprises -- are ready for new methods of proving user identity.
New Ponemon Institute study shows disillusionment and problems with passwords in online transactions
Bug wouldn't have been blocked by Apple's new two-factor iTunes authentication due to system's three-day waiting period
How Google is verifying logins, getting results
- Tech Insight: New CA Group Has Big Names, Small Impact
- Major Certificate Authorities Unite In The Name Of SSL Security
- Symantec/VeriSign Expands Encryption Options For SSL Digital Certificates
- New Security Industry Alliance, Startup Company Promise Revolution In Authentication
- How Lockheed Martin's 'Kill Chain' Stopped SecurID Attack
By The Numbers
Certificates The Biggest Authenticator
Certificates still outpace other authenticators within the enterprise. Meanwhile, in spite of technological improvements, biometrics is still used by less than a quarter of organizations.
Around the Web
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston