SAN FRANCISCO (RSA® Conference 2019, Booth #6345 North Expo) – March 04, 2019 – Tripwire, Inc., a leading global provider of security and compliance solutions for enterprises and industrial organizations, today announced the debut of its penetration (pen) testing and industrial cybersecurity assessment services. By ensuring the security of critical assets and identifying vulnerabilities, Tripwire is building upon and strengthening the security programs of its customers.
With Tripwire’s new services, organizations can establish and maintain a strong foundation of security. The Penetration Testing Assessment leverages highly skilled cybersecurity experts who discover and then exploit vulnerabilities to assess the security of an organization’s IT environment. Similarly, the Industrial Cybersecurity Assessment provides specialized evaluation of vulnerabilities in industrial control system (ICS) environments, taking into account the operational technology (OT) requirements of utility, manufacturing, oil and gas, and critical infrastructure operators.
“We are expanding the ways Tripwire customers can partner with us in developing a strong security strategy,” said Tim Erlin, vice president of product management and strategy at Tripwire. “Pen testing and assessment services are a good launching point for building a robust security posture. We provide organizations a tangible understanding of their security weaknesses and risks up front, and then help them develop a robust security strategy including critical security controls such as secure configuration and vulnerability management. It’s important that organizations – even those with the most mature security programs – test their defenses and stay up to date on vulnerability protection."
Tripwire Penetration Testing Assessments
Tripwire’s pen testing services cover the following areas to ensure critical assets are secure: Network services and configuration
- Web application
- Wireless infrastructure
- Client-side and internal infrastructure
- Social engineering and physical security
To evaluate an organization’s security, Tripwire’s Penetration Testing Assessment examines how:
- Authentication and data traffic flows throughout the network in order to establish the roles of various systems within the network
- Different systems support the business functions of the organization
- Communication moves between a system and its users, providing information needed to design protective control mechanisms
Tripwire Industrial Cybersecurity Assessment
To identify exposures in industrial environments, Tripwire’s team of security professionals review data from automated vulnerability scanners, proprietary tools and manual assessments. Vulnerabilities are then manually validated in order to determine:
- If a vulnerability represents an actual exposure
- How an exposure may impact systems on the network
- If mitigating factors or prerequisites may prohibit a vulnerability from being exploited under certain conditions
With its deep industrial expertise, Tripwire can assess the following for vulnerabilities without disrupting operations:
- Energy management systems (EMS)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Real-time Control System (RCS) architecture
- Distributed control systems (DCS)
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Network devices
For more information on Tripwire's assessment services please visit:
- Penetration Testing Assessment: https://www.tripwire.com/solutions/penetration-testing/penetration-testing-assessments/
- Industrial Cybersecurity Assessment: https://www.tripwire.com/solutions/industrial-control-systems/industrial-cybersecurity-assessment/
Tripwire is the trusted leader for establishing a strong cybersecurity foundation. Partnering with Fortune 500 enterprises, industrial organizations and government agencies, Tripwire protects the integrity of mission-critical systems spanning physical, virtual, cloud and DevOps environments. Tripwire’s award-winning portfolio delivers top critical security controls, including asset discovery, secure configuration management, vulnerability management and log management. As the pioneers of file integrity monitoring (FIM), Tripwire’s expertise is built on a 20+ year history of innovation helping organizations discover, minimize and monitor their attack surfaces.
Learn more at https://www.tripwire.com/, get security news, trends and insights at www.tripwire.com/blog, or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Contact: Tripwire, Inc.
Ray Lapena, +1 714-624-8862