It's election day, and while the future of our regional and national governments may seem like a big deal, the chaps over at C/NET U.K. have given us something really important to argue about: which fictional computer is the baddest of them all.
In a blog, C/NET U.K. offers up 10 humdingers from the annals of computerphobia:
- HAL 9000 from the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Proteus IV from the movie Demon Seed
- "The Changeling" from the TV series Star Trek
- Ultimate Computer from the movie Superman III
- Max from the comic book The Thirteenth Floor
- GLaDOS from the computer game Portal
- MODOK, from Marvel Comics's Tales of Suspense
- Queeg 500 from the sci-fi series Red Dwarf
- Skynet from the movie series The Terminator
- Boss from the TV series Doctor Who
Got a computer that's not on this list? Maybe that botnet-infected sucker you're working on right now? Post your ideas to our message board. Nobody loves evil computers like we do.
Tim Wilson, Site Editor, Dark Reading