VERO BEACH, Fla. – Sept. 24, 2013 – SpectorSoft, the leading provider of insider threat detection solutions, today announced the availability of Spector 360 Recon. Built on the proven Spector 360 employee digital activity monitoring platform, this first-of-its-kind solution is an insider-threat detection and early-warning system that alerts organizations when policy violations, fraud, data theft, and illegal and inappropriate activities are taking place. Spector 360 Recon performs continuous surveillance of employee digital activities, encrypts the recorded data and stores it in a "black box" on users' local PCs and Macs. Organizations can appoint appropriate personnel to unlock and review this intelligence and make decisions on when to access it based on early-warning alerts. The ability to examine employee activity intelligence following an alert allows organizations to quickly mitigate insider-driven security and policy risks. The ability to restrict access to this intelligence allows them to avoid intruding on the privacy of employees who are not engaged in high-risk activities.
"Privacy-rights advocates clamor for the elimination of any employee monitoring in the workplace, but security and risk professionals know that without the ability to detect and analyze high-risk behaviors they will never be able to defend their organizations against the insider threat," said Michael Osterman, Principal, Osterman Research. "Organizations that need to protect themselves against data breaches and fraud without intruding on employees' privacy will have to adopt solutions that provide a balance between security and privacy."
Spector 360 Recon allows customers to record, store and encrypt employees' activity data on their local PCs and Macs, detects suspicious activities and then generates early-warning alerts. If it is determined that a threat exists, customers can quickly and easily decide who should have access to the data, unlock it, review it and then take action to neutralize threats. Spector 360 Recon also allows customers to delete all stored information after a predetermined time, further preserving the privacy of employees who have not given their organizations reason to believe they are a threat.
"Employees are a company's greatest asset, and data is its biggest target. Organizations are striving to achieve maximum security, but want to respect privacy out of respect for their employees," said Jason Judge, CEO, SpectorSoft. "SpectorSoft has helped its customers achieve security goals for more than a decade. We're confident that Spector 360 Recon will continue to safeguard data while helping maintain a work environment where employees feel respected and trusted."
Based on the proven Spector 360 platform, Spector 360 Recon offers enterprises a wide range of features and benefits that strengthen security while providing the maximum degree of privacy:
· Early Warning: Alerts based on keywords that are detected in email and instant messaging (IM), files copied to USB, files uploaded via FTP, and applications in use serve as a powerful early-warning system for signs of corporate fraud and other insider threats, as well as for violations of company policies.
· Local Storage: Recording and storing data on employees' PCs and Macs eliminates bandwidth, performance and storage burdens on customers' networks, while ensuring that the data is securely logged in a "black box" for 30 days, in the event it is needed.
· Role-based Access: Customers can determine who within their organization will have the ability to unlock and review employee activity intelligence, and can enforce those decisions through permissions set within the solution.
· Comprehensive Intelligence: Granular recording of all user activity, coupled with video-like screen captures, provides absolute proof of any and all security and compliance violations.
· Policy Enforcement: The option to have automated notifications sent to employees violating security and compliance policies improves awareness and makes it easier for them to comply with corporate standards.
Spector 360 Recon is available now. For more information visit: www.spector360recon.com
SpectorSoft is the leader in computer and mobile device User Activity Monitoring and analysis software. SpectorSoft has helped more than 36,000 businesses, government organizations, schools, and law enforcement agencies improve how they address security and achieve compliance across communication and computing OSs and devices. SpectorSoft solutions review security risk, audit compliance mandates, protect assets and reputation, ensure adherence to Acceptable Use Policies, and optimize productivity and efficiency. For more information, visit www.spectorsoft.com.