WALNUT CREEK, CA - Oct 13, 2015 - Savvius, Inc., a leader in packet analytics to maintain network performance and enhance security incident investigations, today announced Savvius Insight™, a mini network appliance that delivers vital network performance and security information. Priced at $1,500 and the size of a small trade paperback, Savvius Insight includes Savvius OmniPeek® network performance management software for monitoring and local or remote troubleshooting and Splunk® Forwarder to send network analytics to Splunk Enterprise™ or Splunk Cloud™. Performing network analytics locally and in real time, Savvius Insight provides network professionals, IT consultants, and Splunk administrators with a powerful tool for viewing and maintaining the performance of remote and smaller standalone networks.
MARKETS AND BENEFITS:
Savvius Insight network analytics are delivered in a small form-factor appliance that appeals to different markets and customers:
· Enterprise and Service Providers: extending multi-segment analysis and visibility from the data center to the network edge, including remote and distributed offices or customer locations.
· Small and Medium Business: making enterprise-grade network analytics available to maintain network performance; enables remote troubleshooting.
· Splunk Users: achieving superior operational intelligence by adding network machine data to their Splunk deployments.
· Savvius Customers: making available Savvius's proven troubleshooting and analytics in a highly economical, pre-configured all-in-one appliance.
· 100 megabit-class network.
· Savvius Insight uses an external power adapter and has no moving parts.
· Four-core Intel Atom processor with 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD.
· Pre-loaded, tested, and fully integrated Savvius Capture Engine for OmniPeek™ running on Linux.
· Bi-directional bridge ports with automatic bypass for inline use.
· Includes Splunk Forwarder.
· Supports Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Free, and Splunk Cloud.
· Savvius for Splunk dashboards available on splunkbase™: splunkbase.splunk.com.
· Enterprise Management Associates, Shamus McGillicuddy, senior analyst: "Powerful, affordable solutions for real-time visibility into network and application performance at remote sites have been slow to come to market, yet the need is growing thanks in part to drivers like the Internet of Things. Savvius Insight allows businesses to extend enterprise-class solutions all the way to the edge, capturing the network packet information required to better manage and troubleshoot these locations. With Splunk Forwarder baked in, Savvius Insight addresses an important network management need with a high-value solution."
· Savvius, Mandana Javaheri, chief technology officer: "Savvius is committed to providing organizations large and small with best-in-class solutions for understanding and troubleshooting networks. Savvius Insight puts everything we know about maintaining network performance in a turn-key product for smaller networks. Plus, the support for Splunk enables Savvius network analytics to become a key contributor to the operational intelligence needed by every organization."
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:
Savvius Insight does not require a subscription and can be pre-ordered direct, through Amazon, and from select resellers for $1,500, with volume discount pricing for large installations.
· Savvius Insight product information: www.savvius.com/insight
· Follow us on Twitter @SavviusInc
· Follow us on LinkedIn
· Like us on Facebook
· Savvius Insight Webinar October 15, 2015: Register here
About Savvius, Inc.
Savvius, Inc. brings 25 years as a leader in network performance and security forensics solutions to customers in more than 60 countries worldwide. Savvius's Omnipliance®, OmniPeek®, Savvius Insight™, and Savvius Vigil™ products enable network and security professionals to identify, understand, and respond to network performance issues and resolve security breaches quickly and comprehensively. Savvius customers include Apple, Boeing, Cisco, Fidelity, Microsoft, and over half of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.savvius.com.