The RPost encryption upgrade delivers what is important for today’s technology and regulatory environment – a simple, stable, secure system returning auditable proof of compliance and intelligent reports to analyze usage patterns and training gaps. The new RPost encryption upgrade masks the technical complexities and provides for maximum configuration flexibility. RPost offers a variety of encryption configuration options to simplify the recipient user experience and a number of behind-the-scenes data encryption and routing modes for complex data routing, switching and encryption built upon strong asymmetric key, transport layer and PDF encryption standards.
There are three important components to this upgrade:
Enterprise Security Intelligence: Most enterprises employing email encryption services are unaware that it’s often not being used the way they intended it to be used when it was deployed. RPost provides advanced reporting that can parse into enterprise business intelligence systems to provide the IT organization with message-level and user-level statistics on each encrypted transmission. This assists IT staff in optimizing content filtering policies and end-user training priorities, increasing security across the organization. Auditable Proof of Compliance: Only RPost provides a record of precisely what message content was in fact sent and received in an encrypted manner to each intended recipient. This is important because, in the case of a data breach after the email has reached the recipient, in the recipient’s environment, or after they have passed the information along to others, the sender will need information to prove that the breach did not happen ‘on his or her watch’ – that he or she in fact complied with data security requirements and delivered information in a compliant, encrypted manner. User Simplicity: RPost is simple to use. This is critical because if sending or opening an encrypted email is just slightly too complicated or inconvenient, users tend to seek out a simpler work-around. RPost’s upgrade provides the simplest user experience for both sender and recipient.
“The RPost email encryption upgrade offers a simple experience – from a sender, recipient, and IT staff perspective – along with the strongest evidential records of proof of compliance with data privacy requirements,” remarks Zafar Khan, CEO of RPost. “Only RPost delivers the encrypted messages direct to the recipient’s inbox over the stable and secure cloud-based Registered Email platform, which returns a legally verifiable and court admissible record of the fact that messages required to be sent encrypted had in fact been delivered encrypted, secured end-to-end.”
There are three user modes that can be enabled, designated by sender, user group or organization:
- Executive Mode: Encrypts the message locally at the sender’s desktop or device, ensuring encrypted delivery straight through to the recipient’s desktop; securing from the potential of data breaches both within the sender’s in-house or outsourced email system, and external while in transport across the Internet and within the recipient’s email system.
- Network Mode: Encrypts the message at least from the edge of the sender’s network to at least the edge of the recipient’s network. This permits corporate filtering functions to continue to scan email within the sender’s or recipient’s organization.
- Policy Mode: Automatically encrypts messages at the sender’s outbound mail gateway based on message content or other criteria.
The RPost email encryption upgrade is unique in that it permits senders to have message security anywhere – from their mobile device, browser-based email services, and desktop email software – without requiring the sender or recipient to work outside of their favorite personal or corporate email accounts.
- Sender Apps: RPost provides seamless methods of using email encryption services within sender email applications including Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, Apple email products, Microsoft Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, BlackBerry, among others. RPost also now offers API’s for developers to tie RPost secure messaging services into their enterprise email applications or automated processes.
- Breadth of Features: Users can combine, on a message-by-message basis, RPost encryption with other RPost services with a few extra clicks and at no extra cost. These additional services include Registered Email legal delivery proof, sender authentication, official time stamping, message content authentication, attachment PDF conversion and meta-data cleansing, large file transfer, secure electronic contract execution, records and matter management, message subject line tagging, and e-discovery options for special auto-routing of message records.
With all options and settings, the sender receives verifiable and auditable proof of compliance with regulated (HITECH, HIPAA, GLB, FDCPA, FSA, etc.) encrypted delivery requirements – a patented capability unique to RPost.
“RPost has a variety of options to ensure the highest levels of security, compliance with company data management policies, and the simplest user experience for both sender and recipient,” adds Khan. “This RPost encryption upgrade delivers precisely what the market needs today.”
The RPost encryption service does not require any new servers and can be enabled in one minute for any user.
About RPost: RPost' is the global standard for email proof, message encryption and electronic signature services. RPost’s Registered Email' services enable both sender and recipient to prove, sign, encrypt, archive and collaborate across desktop, mobile and online email platforms, with far less cost, time, paper and risk. RPost services are designed for industries such as insurance, financial services, legal, telecommunications, manufacturing and real estate, where the speed of contract execution, encryption or court admissible email records may be a business critical requirement. Recipient of the 2011 World Mail Award for Security, endorsed as the top pick by the 2011 JMBM Corporate Counsel Guide for Converting Contract and Legal Notices to Electronic Delivery and the 2010 Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers’ Buyers Guide for Email Encryption, RPost services are in use in nearly every country in the world, by the U.S. Government through AT&T’s GSA schedule, within Global F500 companies, and endorsed by the most influential American bar associations. RPost, founded in 2000, has been granted 33 patents with worldwide coverage and operates in 8 languages. To contact one of our six global business centers or to register for a no-cost trial, please visit http://www.rpost.com.
About Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit The Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit features four programs focusing on Security, Risk Management and Compliance, Business Continuity Management, and chief information security officer (CISO) roles to deliver detailed, role-specific content and networking. Each program offers a full agenda of analyst sessions, keynotes, round-table discussions, case studies, workshops and more. Additional information is available at http://www.gartner.com/us/itsecurity.