Click to Tweet: Symantec’s new Norton Secured Seal is the most recognized trust mark on the Internet: http://bit.ly/JbnKqA
Together with the combined brand equity strengths, Symantec and Norton have created the most trusted global brand for protecting information and identities online. Since the acquisition of the VeriSign Authentication Services business, Symantec has expanded its authentication business, integrating rigorous website security and anti-malware technologies, to develop market-leading solutions. The company builds on its leadership, as the world's largest and most trusted provider of Security Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates, into offering comprehensive website security solutions.
Trust Seal Helps Improve a Company’s Website Business, Reputation and Customer Relationships Business customers will value the Norton Secured Seal, for its proven ability to enable a secure online experience while increasing visibility and transactions. The seal can attract new visitors and potential customers that are crucial to a website’s success. This may result in increased traffic, more click throughs and higher rankings in search results. A U.S. online consumer study1 found that recognition of the Norton Secured seal is high.
• 94 percent of consumers are likely to continue an online purchase when they view the Norton™ Secured Seal during the checkout process, more than other seals or when no seal was displayed.
• 77 percent of consumers recognized the Norton™ Secured Seal, more than competitors' trust seals.
• 65 percent of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton™ Secured Seal is “safe to browse and won’t give me a virus,” more than any other online trust mark.
• 90 percent of respondents indicated they would not continue a transaction if they saw a browser warning page indicating the absence of a secure connection.
Protecting consumers’ information and preserving their trust is central to Symantec’s business. And the Norton Secured Seal provides further assurance to businesses that their customers’ online information and transactions are protected at all stages of their engagement online.
Norton Helps Consumers Stay Safe Online
• Symantec’s consumer products are used by more than 150 million people worldwide and Norton products ship on more than 60 percent of Windows-based consumer PCs.
• The Norton Secured Seal is already familiar to consumers who use Norton Safe Web, a site ratings service that makes it easy for consumers to differentiate between a safe and risky site. In addition, Norton Safe Search leverages Safe Web technology to provide users visual site ratings within search results before they visit a site.
• For consumers, seeing the Norton Secured Seal lets them know it is safe to communicate, transact and exchange information on that site.
To provide users a visual representation of the two most trusted names in online security, Symantec began automatically updating all VeriSign seals with the Norton™ Secured Seal to websites worldwide starting April 17, 2012 which will continue for two weeks. The completely seamless transition will require no action by current customers. Other companies that self-host the seal will need to manually update the Norton Secured Seal. For more information, go to http://bit.ly/I7UkrB.
Symantec addresses the digital information needs of business customers and consumers online. Only Symantec can bring the leadership and innovation to protect and secure the broad range of customers from the Enterprise, SMB’s and consumers.
“Since acquiring the VeriSign Authentication business, Symantec extends the core foundation of SSL to offer the most comprehensive security portfolio in the market,” said Fran Rosch, vice president, Identity and Authentication, Symantec. “Our shift to delivering Website Security Solutions further strengthens the protection of data and information in transit. The Norton Secured Seal represents a major step in helping companies establish higher levels of website trust and confidence with their customers.”
“Symantec and Norton’s combined brand equity have created the most trusted global brand for protecting information and identities online. Norton is committed to helping consumers stay protected, across all aspects of their digital lives,” said Sally Jenkins, vice president, Consumer Worldwide Marketing, Symantec. “The Norton Secured Seal is backed by the trusted Norton brand and empowers consumers to browse, shop, and socialize online with full confidence that their personal information is secure.”
Industry Analyst Quote
“As content web choices explode and threats increase, customers increasingly need confirmation that a web site is genuine and safe,” said Christian Christiansen, program vice president for Security Products and Services at IDC. “To answer this customer requirement, companies need to present customers with assurances of reliability. Therefore, the Norton Secured Seal, backed by Symantec authentication and security, is an important and recognizable trust mark for online consumers.”
The Norton Secured Seal is now more powerful at inspiring consumer trust and confidence from Enterprise to SMBs and to individual business owners. SMB customers from our early adopter study conducted A/B split tests comparing the two trust marks and found the Norton Secured Seal was highly favored and recognized by their website visitors.
“Norton Secured Seal really provides that extra level of trust our customers look for when making a purchase online,” said Ryan Hansen, Owner of Timeless Wrought Iron. “What Norton provides for us in security and SSL, and the seal, is extremely, extremely beneficial.”
“Symantec is the brand that I recognize behind safety and security and technology,” stated Grant Szalay, co-founder and CEO of Payment Systems Group. “We’re confident that the Norton Secured Seal is going to be a signal of trust and security on our website.”
• Customer Video: VeriSign and Symantec Unite: Same Check. New Name
• Stay Secure Online
• Symantec Norton Secured Seal Information
• Norton Secured Seal Data Sheet
• Norton Secured Seal FAQ
• Blog Post: Power of the Checkmark: Trust the Norton Secured Seal by Fran Rosch
Connect with Symantec
• Follow Symantec on Twitter
• Join Symantec on Facebook
• Subscribe to Symantec News RSS Feed
• View Symantec’s SlideShare Channel
• Visit Symantec Connect Business Community
• Visit Symantec Connect Business Authentication Community
Norton protects the Stuff that matters to consumers, across all aspects of their digital lives. Norton provides a range of security solutions including technologies for PCs and mobile devices, live tech support services and online backup. Like Norton on Facebook.
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com or by connecting with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/socialmedia.