The Dark Reading editorial staff loves writing about cybersecurity, but we don't want to write about you. Our goal is to provide readers the news that will help them stay out of the news.
To that end, our very first live event - the INsecurity conference, Nov. 29-30 at the Gaylord National Harbor in Maryland - will focus not on threats, but on defense.
By defense we don't just mean new whiz-bang, blinky-light tools. We mean tricks for improving security hygiene and strategies for combating the attacker techniques that have thus far defied technological solutions. Some of our speakers are practicing chief information security officers, ready to share insights about what has worked (and not worked) for them.
Here are just a handful of the sessions, roundtables, and expert-led guided discussions that will be part of the INsecurity lineup:
- Preventing Lateral Movement in Your Environment
- Targeted Attacks: How to Recognize Them From The Defender’s Point Of View
- Patch Management: How to Prioritize and Automate
- Solving the Authentication and Password Management Problem
- Strategies for Preventing and Responding to Ransomware
- Detecting and Stopping Insider Data Leaks
- IOT Security: Challenges and Solutions
- Using Offensive Tools to Improve Cyber Defense
- Building and Maintaining an Effective Cybersecurity Architecture
- Building and Running an Effective Security Operations Center
- How to Make Deception Part of Your Cyber Defense Strategy
- Strategies for Preventing Phishing and Social Engineering
- Developing and Maintaining a Real-World Security Awareness Program
Check out the complete INsecurity agenda at https://insecurity.com. Use promo code DR100 to save $100 on registration. Hope we see you there!