The new alert offers a look back at some of the key stories of database security's recent past, including:
- * the recent breach at the Pentagon Federal Credit Union and how endpoint issues may affect database security.
* the potential for database compromise via third-party providers.
* the top five challenges in securing Oracle databases.
* the 10 most common database vulnerabilities.
* lessons from five of the biggest database breaches in 2010.
* how the integration of database activity monitoring (DAM) and security information and event management (SIEM) can lead to more secure databases.
To download a free copy of "The Long Arm of Database Security," go to the Dark Reading Database Security Tech Center.
Have a comment on this story? Please click "Comment" below. If you'd like to contact Dark Reading's editors directly, send us a message.