"Mocana invented app wrapping technology, and today's announcement demonstrates our ongoing commitment to delivering real-world app security that allows companies to mobilize their business processes in transformative ways," said Kurt Stammberger, CISSP and vice president of market development at Mocana. "For example, airlines have been looking to replace pilots' heavy flight bags with iPads running customized applications, but securing those apps has been a roadblock. With solutions like MAP, airlines can move ahead and securely mobilize that flight bag while realizing non-trivial operational and fuel-cost savings."
Mocana's Mobile App Protection solution helps organizations accelerate mobility initiatives by automating iOS and Android app security. MAP's patent-pending app-shielding solution allows managers to simply point-and-click to add new security in seconds to existing mobile apps, without having to write any code. MAP enables business units, IT departments and app developers to customize security policies while taking advantage of FIPS 140-2 encryption and standards-based communication protocols. Once wrapped, the app, its data, and the connection to the enterprise are secure. Mocana MAP is largely invisible to end-users; MAP-wrapped apps work with their native user experience. Finally, unlike many competing "app-wrapping" packages, MAP is a robust and mature product that consistently performs in real-world bake-offs and penetration tests.
This newest MAP release includes a raft of new app security automation policies, bug fixes and performance enhancements, including:
· Remote Data Wipe –provides the ability to delete application-specific data of wrapped apps on managed and unmanaged mobile devices.
· Smart Firewall –gives enterprise customers the option of implementing a secure app connection to the enterprise using an SSL reverse proxy. This option is an addition to the existing per-app IPSec VPN policy.
· Geo-fencing – defines a virtual perimeter around a real-world geographic location within which an app can be used, such as a campus, military base, city or other area.
· Location masking – protects the user by preventing an app from obtaining the current location from the device it is running on.
· App expiration – defines a start and end date for app functionality which can be used with contractors and others needing temporary use of an app, or as a failsafe for ensuring an app can no longer be used by former employees.
· Shared copy and paste – permits copy and paste operations among a federated group of MAP-wrapped apps on the same device.
Software developers are invited to join the MAP Developers Program and make their apps 'MAP-Ready' by visiting www.mocana.com/mdp. The program, which launched last month, includes NitroDesk, Breezy, Atimi Software, Dolphin and bigtincan as partners.
Availability and Pricing
MAP is available now by subscription or on a perpetual license basis. Contact [email protected] for a quote.
Launched in 2004 and recognized by the World Economic Forum as a 2012 Technology Pioneer, Mocana unlocks the mobile enterprise and simplifies wide-scale deployments by securing apps automatically, in seconds. The company's Mobile Application Protection (MAP) app-shielding solution mitigates the complexities of mobile management, while freeing developers from lengthy and expensive security coding. Mocana is the global app security expert, counting five of the top seven Android handset makers as customers, with deep expertise born from a decade of experience securing embedded devices across the Internet of Things; from medical devices to aerospace and defense, from smart grid to industrial automation.