DALLAS — June 24, 2014 — Zix Corporation (ZixCorp), (NASDAQ: ZIXI), a leader in email data protection, has announced the unveiling of Zix Encryption NetworkTM, a growing community of nearly 10,000 businesses that enables the automatic exchange of encrypted email for all messages between members. All messages, regardless of content, are automatically encrypted and decrypted between members. Within Zix Encryption Network, businesses receive unparalleled confidence that outbound email is protected against interception and without any impact to its employees or member recipients.
“We are living through a profound time when advances in security threats have grabbed the attention of the public, adding to the already high pressures of business to meet privacy demands,” said Rick Spurr, ZixCorp’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Zix Encryption Network relieves that pressure for email and gives businesses what they want – all encryption all the time without the pain and hassle of past email encryption solutions.”
Historically email encryption has been marked by complexity and unfriendly user experiences. Zix Encryption Network removes past barriers to securing email and offers a revolutionary solution that has the infrastructure to support all businesses worldwide, which would secure email between all members.
On a typical day, current members of Zix Encryption Network send around 1,000,000 encrypted messages per day. On average, 75 percent of these encrypted messages are sent through the Zix Encryption Network to other members seamlessly and transparently without any extra steps or passwords. The other 25 percent of messages contain sensitive information and are sent to non-members where encrypted email is delivered to recipients through mobile friendly secure Web portals.
“Today’s leading organizations, like Google and Facebook, have stepped up to make consumer email more secure, and Zix Encryption Network is the ultimate approach to making all business email secure all the time,” said Spurr. “We are committed to being at the forefront of easy-to-use email encryption, and there’s nothing easier or more secure than being a member of our network and enjoying transparent encrypted email with your business partners.”
About Zix Corporation
ZixCorp is a leader in email data protection. ZixCorp offers industry-leading email encryption, a unique email DLP solution and an innovative email BYOD solution to meet your company’s data protection and compliance needs. ZixCorp is trusted by the nation’s most influential institutions in healthcare, finance and government for easy to use secure email solutions. ZixCorp is publicly traded on the Nasdaq Global Market under the symbol ZIXI, and its headquarters are in Dallas, Texas. For more information, visit www.zixcorp.com.