“Customers are eager to virtualize sensitive systems, such as PCI payment processing, and integrating VMware vShield App into vSecurity reduces the complexity of meeting such audit requirements,” said Edmundo Costa, Catbird CEO. “Catbird’s award-winning security orchestration now incorporates VMware vShield App for native application- aware access control and deep-packet inspection, delivering world-class protection for organizations regulated by specifications such as PCI, HIPAA and NIST.”
With the addition of VMware vShield into vSecurity’s Control Center:
- Catbird’s vComplianceTM engine now measures and monitors the application of VMware vShield App controls to popular compliance standards including PCI, NIST, FISMA, DIACAP and HIPAA
- Catbird TrustzonesTM can enforce logical segmentation and automated quarantining of assets based on compliance levels, reducing the risk of security breach, data loss and compliance audit violations
- Catbird customers can now leverage the firewall features of VMware vShield App to automatically and dynamically segment the virtual switching fabric
“As regulated industries virtualize, they need to ensure their processes and tools for security and compliance adapt to this new environment,” said Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware. “VMware’s integration with Catbird is an important move in enabling our customers to proactively ensure compliance while leveraging native technology and an award-winning partner in our ecosystem.”
Catbird’s award-winning vSecurity weaves multi-function security directly into the fabric of virtual and cloud infrastructure to provide many times the security of traditional physical devices at a fraction of the cost. Available controls include vulnerability management, IPS/IDS, network segmentation, policy enforcement, inventory, configuration and change management, as well as monitoring and enforcement in many other key operational, security and compliance areas. Catbird’s rich feature set allows its customers to meet the most rigorous compliance standards, including PCI, NIST, SOX, HIPAA DIACAP and FISMA, in virtual environments.Catbird will be in booth No. 203 at VMware Partner Exchange in Las Vegas this week and will be demonstrating the integration, including:
- Setting up and deploying VMware vShield App Security Groups within Catbird vSecurity to dynamically control network access between virtual machines in a virtual data center.
- Catbird’s TrustZones' policy enforcement, including full VMware vShield controls to help monitor and quarantine out of compliance assets.
- Catbird’s vComplianceTM using VMware vShield controls to measure against PCI, NIST, FISMA, DIACAP and other compliance standards.
To download a free evaluation version, go to http://www.catbird.com/demo. To learn more about Catbird’s industry-leading, comprehensive security solutions for virtual and cloud environments, visit http://www.catbird.com. Follow Catbird on Twitter at @CatbirdSecurity, or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/catbirdsecurevirtualization.
Catbird is the industry leader in comprehensive security and compliance for virtualized, cloud and physical environments, and a winner of four Best of Show Finalist Awards at VMworld 2010, 2009 and 2008, and SC Magazine’s “Innovator of the Year 2011” for virtualization security Via Catbird vSecurity and the “Catbird” virtual appliance, Catbird is the only company delivering best-practice security for Hypervisor, Guest VMs and Policy/Regulatory Security Compliance. As companies migrate mainstream servers and desktops to virtual environments, uncertainty over security and compliance can impact deployment plans. Catbird’s protection eliminates these worries and keeps virtualization plans on track. Founded in 2000 by Internet pioneer Ron Lachman, the company’s innovative technology protects tens of thousands of customer systems and networks who rely on Catbird and its partners to protect their valuable IT assets from external and internal threats. The private company is based in Silicon Valley.