Avira Mobile Security is available now, for free, in the utilities section of the Apple App Store. It is available for English and German languages and works on any device running iOS 6.0 or higher.
The Avira security app was designed with high quality standards and includes the ability to:
- Scan to detect any malicious or rogue processes running on your iPhone or iPad
- Verify if the OS is up-to-date, and check if anyone has tried to jailbreak the device
- Back-up or share photos and videos with a free 5GB secure cloud storage account
- Make your device 'scream' out loud if it gets lost, or let you track its location on a map
"When we asked our customers and engineers to re-envision what 'security' means on a mobile device, we found that it's not only about protecting the device and the data, it's about being able to protect all your devices with an essential set of security applications. You feel secure because you don't need to think about security," said Travis Witteveen, CEO of Avira. "That complete protection and peace of mind is what Avira Mobile Security delivers. At a time when even phones are no longer secure from the bad guys, Avira is a security brand that you can trust to work flawlessly and consistently across all your mobile devices, on your laptop, and in the cloud."
· Install Avira Mobile Security: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avira-mobile-security/id692893556?mt=8
· Follow Avira's TechBlog: http://techblog.avira.com/en
· Find community, support and tips on Facebook: www.facebook.com/avira
· Show us what else you would like Avira to protect through our Vine contest: http://tinyurl.com/lm34dl4
More than 100 million consumers and small businesses depend upon Avira's security expertise and award-winning antivirus software, making the company the number-two market share leader globally. Avira is ranked #1 in technology innovation according to ABI Research; recommended by Consumer Reports for its free antivirus software; cited by OPSWAT as the #1 fastest-growing antivirus vendor in 2012 and the #2 largest vendor worldwide in 2011; and has received a nearly unbroken string of Virus Bulletin VB100 awards for the past decade.
Avira provides IT-security protection to computers, smartphones, servers and networks, delivered as both software and cloud-based services. Visit www.avira.com.